Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2009 05:00

Reinstalling Windows XP Media Center

I had a problem with my Dimension 8400 and needed to do a reinstall of Windows XP media edition.  I have a red dvd which says it is the Reinstallation CD for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.  Is this the right Cd?  I have had this system since June 2005 and of course I did a terrible job of trying to keep the media that came with it and I have also purchased a couple of other systems and just through all the reinstall media together in a box and may have even misplaced some it.

I did already do the reinstall using this red media but no Windows Media Center application shows up as part of my system.  If I need to request a new media, could someone help me make sure I request the right one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

2 Posts

November 14th, 2009 05:00

Some additional information.  I did request reinstall media from Dell based on my Service Tag and order number but still would like to get this working sooner rather then having to wait.

I have both the "red" reinstallation CD for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and the "green" Reinstallation CD Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP 2. 

What reinstallation CD should I be looking for?  Will it mention Windows Media Center or can I use the XP Pro CD and be able to select media center as an option?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

2 Posts

February 7th, 2010 21:00

I have this same problem, I had Windows Media Center Edition at first but only have the instilation cd for Windows Home Edition. I think Dell gave us the wrong cd.

Please help us

No Events found!