Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2017 03:00

Resetting the Admin Password for a Inspiron 1545 laptop

Hello i has set de admin password, but the password dont work. I have assurance that is correct my password, then i would need reset my password

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 26th, 2017 04:00

You'll need to call Dell support -- be prepared to verify your system ownership and to pay for a support call, as the call isn't free once the warranty expires, as it no doubt has on a model this old.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 26th, 2017 07:00

neiesc,

Unfortunately, Dell can only provide information resetting a bios password. You can click the link below for information resetting your admin password in Windows 7.

Windows 7 Admin Password Reset

2 Posts

October 26th, 2017 13:00

but is bios Admin Password

367 Posts

October 26th, 2017 16:00

Hello i has set de admin password, but the password dont work. I have assurance that is correct my password, then i would need reset my password

For windows password reset try this:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

This will work with windows 7 as well

For BIOS password reset try this:

https://***/

• 

16.7K Posts

October 27th, 2017 05:00

neiesc,

Unfortunately, the admin password is not the bios password. If you need the bios password reset you can call Dell Support as ejn63 suggest. The number is 1-800-624-9896.

1 Message

July 29th, 2021 08:00

send password please

1 Message

August 5th, 2021 04:00

Here are the usual methods to resolve this issue:

• Reboot the machine with your Windows Repair CD, then use System Restore to set Windows back by a few days (works only if the problem occurred recently).
  • Log on under an alternative admin account, then reset the password to your usual account (works only if you set up an alternative admin account).
  • Log on as Administrator in Safe Mode, then reset the password to your usual account (works only if you enabled the Administrator account and know its password).
  • Insert your USB flash disk with the password keyfile (works only if you created such a keyfile).
  • Check your paper records (works only if you jotted down the password somewhere)

If none of these standard precautions work for you then the cure will be painful. Post again if this is the case.

@filmefast

No Events found!