Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2010 21:00

Restore Disk Set from Recovery Partition (D:)

Howdy.

Can anyone direct me to instructions on how to create a DVD restore disk set from the (D:) hard drive restore partition?

I'm going to restore to factory settings and reinstall Win Vista on my Inspiron 1521, and just want an external back up set in case something goes wrong during the restore process and the HD gets hosed.

Thanks!

David Hollaz

2.9K Posts

March 18th, 2010 13:00

"Can anyone direct me to instructions on how to create a DVD restore disk set from the (D:) hard drive restore partition?"

You cannot create a "restore" DVD from the restore partition.

March 19th, 2010 23:00

Bummer.

I'd assumed it was possible because I once did create a restore disk set from an HP computer running Windows XP.

Okie dokie. Thanks!

3.7K Posts

March 20th, 2010 08:00

Howdy.

Can anyone direct me to instructions on how to create a DVD restore disk set from the (D:) hard drive restore partition?

I'm going to restore to factory settings and reinstall Win Vista on my Inspiron 1521, and just want an external back up set in case something goes wrong during the restore process and the HD gets hosed.

Thanks!

David Hollaz

Hi David, Bad news, it cannot be done. If you need an dell reinstall cd/dvd, and live in the US, then use the link at my signature. Also what you can do is use Ghost, or True Acronis, and make an copy and put it on another Hard Drive as backup.

EDIT Sorry,  never read your post Rebel9. Opps.

No Events found!