Re: Restore Inspiron 910 to factory settings

Jump to solution

Hi nanakay,

Please share the system model and the operating system installed. Also, please share if you are trying to reset the system back to factory defaults or whether you are trying to a clean installation of the Windows using re-installation media.

Reply with the information, will take it further from there.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos
SShold
Copper

RE: Restore Inspiron 910 to factory settings

Jump to solution

I am having a similar problem.  I was recently given (by my inlaws) a Dell Inspirion 910 for my children to use for school.  I cannot get the darn thing up and running!  When I turn on the computer it gives me 2 Windows XP boot choices.  They look identical, though if I choose the top one the computer boots up, but if I choose the 2nd one I get an error message.  I can't figure out how to remove this broken version of the operating system.

Then when I get the thing on and to the main screen I get a popup for Microsoft Security Essentials talking about the end-of-support for my operating system.  After this the computer seems to freeze up most of the time.  When it does continue to work it takes a few minutes to process each command.  

I just want to restore the whole computer to factory settings and start fresh, but I dont know how.  I tried to run WINNT32.exe but the computer said it could not find it.  Help?!?

0 Kudos
sify69
Copper

RE: Restore Inspiron 910 to factory settings

Jump to solution

Password

0 Kudos