Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2012 04:00

Restore to Factory setting ( inspiron N5010 ) [:'(]

Hi ,

I have an inspiron N5010 , that had Windows 7 Home Pre , I change the windows with an inactive copy of windows , and i'd like to restore my laptop to factory setting , there is some problem ,

when i do These steps i can't see " Dell Factory Image Restore"  in step 6.

------------------------------------------------------------------

1    Turn on the computer.

2   As the computer starts, press on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

3    Press the on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu , and then press .

4    Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

5    Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.

6    Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

7    In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

8    Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.

9    Click Next
The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

10    When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Solve This Problem I download an install "Dell Datesafe Local backup 2.0" but this item "
Restore Your entire System to a previous date or to the factory state" is disable , and i am sure the Recovery Partition is safe and Healthy.

Please help me to restore my system to factory setting.:emotion-9:  :emotion-9:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2012 06:00

Amiri92,

Did you create the Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create?

You can still do this. And if it creates the disks, then you can insert disk 1, restart your computer, then follow the instructions. It should put the computer back to factory.

Rick

4 Posts

February 10th, 2012 08:00

Dear Rick

When I Click on "Create Recovery Media" i have 2 chose 1-Discs 2- Usb Flash Drive , but these Radio button are disable !!!!

i insert DVD or USB FLASH DRIVE but these item are disable.

Could you please see these Picture ?

in restore - > Restore your entire.....   Is disable

I Click on Backup -> Create Recovery media

Then I See This page

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2012 10:00

Amiri92,

Click on backup...

Then click on Create Recovery Media. You cna then select disks...

Click next and then you'll see...

Click next and follow the instructions.

Rick

4 Posts

February 21st, 2012 16:00

ِDear Rick

The Items that you show with Arrow are disable :(((((( what i should do ?

Thanks if You Reply me.....

mohammad (nickname : Mamaloo)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 21st, 2012 16:00

Mamaloo,

Sounds like your recovery partition is corrupt.

If in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA if in another Country, contact Dell Tech Support in your Country. Please make sure to tell them you cannot make the recovery disks.

Rick

4 Posts

February 28th, 2012 16:00

Dear Rick Thank you very much for your help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 28th, 2012 16:00

Amiri92,

Glad I could be of help.

Take care,

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 10th, 2012 06:00

Russell,

Did you try...

Restoring Your Dell Computer to Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0

If you have the Recovery Partition, it's much easier to Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

If you livein the United States, Request Backup Disks USA if in another Country, contact Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick

1 Message

July 10th, 2012 06:00

Rick, My sons Dell Inspiron Laptop is six months old and recently he has had problems with the speed of it. Therefore, we have decided to reurn it to the factory settings. I have created the three (3) Recovery Discs by using Dell Datasafe Local Backup in the way you have described and all works well up until that point. The problem occurs when I reboot the laptop with the Recovery Discs. I get to the point where I click on "Repair your Computer". It then brings up a message teeling me that the "winload.exe" is missing or corrupt, or sometimes it just boots on into the normal Windows 7. Can you help in this matter. PS, I'm new to this forum. Russell

3 Posts

April 7th, 2014 20:00

I have the dell inspiron n5010 too but for some reason I don't have dell datasafe local backup... Somehow deleted or something??:emotion-42: I think it has to do with a bunch of missing files in the datasafe folder, because I remember there were more. So I tried getting datasafe back from this website http://dslbdownload.datasafelocalbackup.com/dsldownload-en.html, but after running nothing  happened. I need datasafe back!!!!

1 Message

April 27th, 2016 06:00

When I try to do this it asks for a disc anyway I can do it without a disc?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

April 27th, 2016 21:00

This thread is over a year old.

Now you can Download a Windows 10 TH2 .iso and clean install using your Windows 7 OEM product key:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1RkaknDn7v-Ucth4gt0U3BHVSY7oNkWr

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/

No Events found!