Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2012 17:00

Restore to factory settings Inspiron N5110

I am having significant difficulty trying to restore to factory on a Dell N5110. This is a pretty easy task to do with other PC (like an HP).  The Dell manual is wrong and Dell customer service after multiple call transfers tried to leverage the manual errot to get some billing at my expense!

Is there something wrong with the N5110 that prevents easy restore to the factory settings for Windows 7.

Help appreciated.

October 1st, 2012 17:00

Hi,

I recommend you to follow the steps below to perform PC restore:

1. Backup important files & data.
2. Remove non-essential peripherals
3. Restore the computer's software to original condition. Please follow the steps below to perform PC restore:
              a.Turn on the computer.
              b. Once the computer starts, press F8 on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
              c. Press the Down Arrow on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.
              d. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
              e. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK. 
              f. Click Dell Factory Image Restore. 
              g. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next. 
              h. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box. 
              i. Click Next. 
                 The computer is restored to the default factory configuration. 
              j. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer. 

You can also refer to the article no. 125843 on Dell’s support site.

Please reply for further queries.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

1 Message

November 25th, 2012 05:00

Hi, I'm afraid that my dell factory image has been deleted, and I can't restore to the original situation. So, how can I do then? Thank you.
No Events found!