Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

January 4th, 2007 19:00

Restoring windows back to factory settings

I have got a Dimension 3100C, I bought a new netgear modem/router and every time i powered it up it would shut the computer down so i got in contact with technical support on there website and they told me to try different things but nothing worked so in the end they told me to do a system restore so it would be like it just left the factory. After i did this then tryed the modem/router again the computer didn't shut off so it solved my problem, so i contacted tecnical support again and told them that it work but i wanted to no why i had to restore the computer to factory settings when the computer is new and haven't had anything installed on it but they couldn't give me a answer and they just said i would have to phone software support team but its 50 pence a minute but i don't want to pay that.
So does anybody no why i had this problem.

12K Posts

January 5th, 2007 02:00

I read your post three times and still do not know what you are asking.

12 Posts

January 5th, 2007 05:00

Thats all i want to no is why would dell tecnical support tell me to restore my computer back to factory setting to try and resolve my problem when the computer is brand new and haven't had anything installed on it.

91 Posts

January 5th, 2007 08:00

Dell Dimension 9200

I had similar problems with my new computer in my case I
purchased a new modem and after restore things were OK.

Riders

54 Posts

January 5th, 2007 09:00

It was not a system restore rather it was a PC restore which would restore all the files on the computer back to the factory settings..

Believe me that is the best option that I have ever seen in any of the other brands.. no need to load the drivers nor the dell installed programs..

Why the technicians did a PC restore is very simple, operating system is a software or cluster of softwares and could always be corrupted... we do not have control on it.. probably after you bought the computer, you might have got the windows updates that did not support your router.. this possibly might be one reason.. it could also be that the operating system got corrupted.. there are no reasons for the OS to get corrupted...

91 Posts

January 5th, 2007 12:00

Thank you I will bear this in mind for the future.

Riders
No Events found!