chuck33e
1 Nickel

Roxio V5.1 Basic won't install after upgrading to SP2

I had to re-install Windows XP an reapply SP2 in order to fix a performance problem with SP2. Re-installing windows wiped out the register so now I am reinstalling the applications I need to get back to square 1.

The problem is when I try to reinstall Easy CD Creator 5.1 basic from the Dell application disk it says this version is not compatible with the current version of windows. If I continue anyway it appears to install but won't work when I try to use ecdc creator. I tried to apply the SP2 patch but it says no recognizable version of ecdc is installed.

Any ideas of where I go from here? I don't think I should be forced to spend money for an upgrade.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
1Bowtie
3 Argentium

Re: Roxio V5.1 Basic won't install after upgrading to SP2

Hi chuck simple solution

Go to www.roxio.com and register, answer a couple questions, it will take you to the easycd creator 5 basic dl section, dl the proper one for your comp and install it. I have the same program and it works fine.

0 Kudos
chuck33e
1 Nickel

Re: Roxio V5.1 Basic won't install after upgrading to SP2

Thanks for the reply. I finally got things working and here's how:

Roxizap.exe - Yep that's all it took. I needlessly uninstalled SP2 because when I got back to windows basic I still couldn't reinstall Easy CD Creator(ECDC) 5.1. And, I was always using "Control Panel Add/Remove Programs" first in order start with a clean install. Well, it appears this method does not remove everything and this was preventing my reinstalls from working. I ran Roxizap.exe and everything cleaned up perfect. I have even been able to upgrade (free) to 5.3.5.10, which always complained before that I never had a valid copy of ECDC.

Go here to get it. http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/support/tools/roxizap.exe

There is a very good site: go to www.roxio.com and click GO in the Discussions Groups box near the bottom of the page. You'll have to register, of course, but we know that's easy. You'll get very good Roxio and Easy CD Creator, etc. help here.
0 Kudos