Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2006 06:00

Sonic Activation Module

Hi,

from last week on, every time I start my pc enter the desktop screen, a windows installer screen pops up, which has to do with Sonic Activation Module. Firstly I don't have the cd of it, secondly I don't want this Sonic stuff on my pc. How can I stop this screen to pop up every time?

Pascal

4.4K Posts

April 1st, 2006 13:00

i just fixed a friends system. i went into msconfig and unchecked 2 boxes. can't recall what they were.

April 14th, 2006 11:00

I too have the same problem with the sonic window appearing at loggin. could some one please give me a few more details on how to eliminate these windows.

Jack

12 Posts

April 14th, 2006 12:00

What you want to do to remove the annoying Sonic stuff is this :
go to start => Run... => typ " msconfig " => go to "startup " => uncheck the  the "isupm " and the "issch" box.... restart and your done.

grtz,

April 15th, 2006 19:00

Re: Sonic Activation Module

Thank you Paul  Done & Dusted.

Jack   sos

4 Posts

April 16th, 2006 10:00

Thanks Paul, i fixed it now :D
Only now there turns up a screen about undoing the action, but i guess i can tick te box which says: do not show this message again??!!??

Pascal

12 Posts

April 16th, 2006 14:00

Yup just click the "do not show this again" box...

btw your all welcome,

Paul

May 7th, 2006 19:00

hey paul...i just wanted to thank you for the help on the sonic activation moduile...i had it for a while and it got really annoying...well thanks and i have this other problem when starting up my pc it's called "tbm.hook" or something like that...how can i disable it? thanks

3 Posts

June 6th, 2006 04:00

Paul, you rock!  Do you know why this stupid message all of sudden starts popping up? I thought I did something wrong because I removed some junk from my laptop and a couple of days later the error message appeared.

Thanks

12 Posts

June 6th, 2006 10:00

Your very welcome!
I don't exactly know why this error occurs but indeed it has to do with the uninstallation of some stupid programs that comes with a new pc....
It's probably a bug in the sonic software...

Greetings from Belgium,

3 Posts

June 6th, 2006 14:00

Thanks again!

Where in Belgium? I've been to Brugge and Brussels. Beautiful country.

Goodbye from Tampa, Florida USA

12 Posts

June 6th, 2006 16:00

:-)

thnx,

I'm from antwerp,

I've been to tampa a few times myself, It's nice, i like it.
 my sis went to a tennis school there... (saddlebrooks)

once again, grtz from belgium!

1 Message

June 22nd, 2006 20:00

Ah some more belgians :p i'm from belgium too.
Btw i had the same problem as u guys did... figured it had something to do with roxio burning suite...
it's from sonic solutions too, and when i started it i got the same error (need installation disk) as when i booted.
I actually just formatted my pc because that was getting necessary so... :-p

Greetz

5 Posts

June 25th, 2006 18:00

Paul - you totally rock.   It worked like a charm and now I don't have to call that ANNOYING help line!! Thank you!

1 Message

June 27th, 2006 21:00

The Sonic Activation Module problem which I fixed using the above information (...thanks Paul) only kicked in when I removed the Corel Paint/Photo Software that came with my Dell PC. A coincidence.....probably not. There must be loads of people with this problem!!

1 Message

July 8th, 2006 14:00

Hi All,

I have a question for everyone specially the tech support of DELL.  I just bought an XPS 400 from DELL and it is a fantastic desktop with tons of options. 

However, every time I start my computer the screen comes up with something that said I have to put in "Sonic Activation Module." 

Does anyone or Dell Tech Support walk me through how to get rid of this?  Secondly, what is this module?  Lastly, do I need it to run my system?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. 

Kindest regards,

Cesar Puzon

goldenpaws@twcny.rr.com

No Events found!