Highlighted
RickyIt
1 Copper

Studio 1535 And Windows 7 Problem: "Unknown device on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller"

Hi Guys, 🙂
I have got two Studio Laptops: a 1535 and a 1537 (the 1537 has the same devices/drivers) and I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit RTM.
I have got the same problem I had with the RC.
After 7 installation I ran Windows Update but I have a device which is not recognised:  "Unknown device on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller".
I installed the latest Intel Chipset/Matrix Storage Manager/Wireless drivers but... no way!
The Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller has its driver, as you can see in the screenshot (red arrow).
I suppose it is the ITE CIR Infrared Receiver...
I tried to install the latest Vista driver (5.0.4.6) available in Dell's Driver Download page but the device isn't still recognised and this is the result:

How can i fix the issue?

I don't know if it's because of the latest (old) driver which doesn't support Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit) but the problem is that the device producer doesn't have a download page and you guys have to aks them and fix the problem...

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickyIt
1 Copper

Re: Studio 1535 And Windows 7 Problem: "Unknown device on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller"

I Solved the problem...

Dell Europe doesn't update the shared download pages...!!

I found a new Windows Vista and 7 driver here:

0 Kudos
RickyIt
1 Copper

Re: Studio 1535 And Windows 7 Problem: "Unknown device on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller"

Another problem: The two Fingerprint Readers don't work.

I downloaded the driver through Windows Update but the latest sw. "DigitalPersona Personal 4.01" doesn't recognise the device and the producer says to contact you...

http://sw.nohold.net/DigitalPersona/Uploads/OEMLanding.html

0 Kudos