Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 26th, 2009 13:00

Studio 1535 & Windows 7

I bought my wife a Studio 1535 in August 2008 with Windows Vista.  The MS Windows Upgrade Advisor tools says this laptop is compatible with Windows 7 32-bit.

But Dell does not list the Studio 1535 among the laptops compatible with Windows 7.  Is there any reason I should not install Windows-7?

184 Posts

October 26th, 2009 13:00

mrmeyer,

Thank you for contacting the Dell Community Forum.  If the Microsoft Windows Upgrade Advisor finds no incompatibilities, you should be able successfully to install Windows 7 on your Studio 1535.  I'm not sure why the Studio 1535 is not listed among the Dell systems compatible with Windows 7, but will research this further and post what I find here.

5 Posts

October 26th, 2009 15:00

I'm curious as to what you find out.  My copy of Win7 arrives today or tomorrow from Amazon.

5 Posts

October 30th, 2009 11:00

Any update?

The Win7 Upgrade arrived last night, but my wife took the 1535 away for the weekend.  I'd like to upgrade Sunday evening.

21 Posts

November 11th, 2009 21:00

I have a 1535 Vista-32 also.  I'm going to try and upgrade to 7-64 though.  Apparently Dell doesn't recommend upgrading the 1535, but the upgrade advisor says there should be no problems for either 7-32 or 7-64.  The only issues I've found online is a Ricoh driver problem that can easily be fixed and supposedly a Quickset problem.  I don't ever use quickset though so I don't really plan on installing it.  Any other problems?

Has anyone tried upgrading their 1535 yet?  Do the touch-sensitive keyboard buttons (pause, play, volume, etc.) still work after going to 7?

Also, is the MBR maintained so that, upon boot up, you can use the dell restore utility? 

Would you recommend just blowing away the current partitions?

6 Posts

November 15th, 2009 07:00

hi, i have installed windows 7 on my studio 1535, i managed to get all the drivers apart from the creative integrated 2 mp camera driver. i have tried installing all the drivers from dells website available and none of them work they all fail to install. i get the same error message stating not compaitable. im sure i have tried the above driver aswell before. the worst part is in device manager the camera is not even present it is not recognized. any help on this would be great.  everything works on windows 7 sometimes you have to find the drivers from the sites but all of the dell vista drivers seem to work apart from the webcam, i dont know if im the only one but i cannot manage to get the webcam to work. none of the drivers are installing my comp will not recognise the camera its not even in device manager. im just needing help anyone got any idea. why are dell and creative not releasing such a simple driver

6 Posts

hi, i have installed windows 7 on my studio 1535, i managed to get all the drivers apart from the creative integrated 2 mp camera driver. i have tried installing all the drivers from dells website available and none of them work they all fail to install. i get the same error message stating not compaitable. im sure i have tried the above driver aswell before. the worst part is in device manager the camera is not even present it is not recognized. any help on this would be great. everything works on windows 7 sometimes you have to find the drivers from the sites but all of the dell vista drivers seem to work apart from the webcam, i dont know if im the only one but i cannot manage to get the webcam to work. none of the drivers are installing my comp will not recognise the camera its not even in device manager. im just needing help anyone got any idea. why are dell and creative not releasing such a simple driver

6 Posts

and Yes get rid of the large partition its no good to you as it supports vista not windows 7 so you can just get rid of it mate.

6 Posts

hi, i have installed windows 7 on my studio 1535, i managed to get all the drivers apart from the creative integrated 2 mp camera driver. i have tried installing all the drivers from dells website available and none of them work they all fail to install. i get the same error message stating not compaitable. im sure i have tried the above driver aswell before. the worst part is in device manager the camera is not even present it is not recognized. any help on this would be great. everything works on windows 7 sometimes you have to find the drivers from the sites but all of the dell vista drivers seem to work apart from the webcam, i dont know if im the only one but i cannot manage to get the webcam to work. none of the drivers are installing my comp will not recognise the camera its not even in device manager. im just needing help anyone got any idea. why are dell and creative not releasing such a simple driver

21 Posts

November 15th, 2009 19:00

I would let Windows install as many of the drivers as possible.  That's what I did.  I only installed a handful such as the Ricoh Driver, IDT Audio, Bluetooth, Alps Touch Pad, and Dell Support.  No problems from a driver standpoint.

Did you install the right -bit version?  64 v 32?

2 Posts

December 10th, 2009 13:00

I am having the same issue!  I have gotten all drivers except for the camera and my camera is also not showing in the device manager.  I have tried everything.  Installing in compatability mode, the A00, A01, A03 and A06 versions of the driver have also failed right before the 100% mark on the install status.  I used the camera all the time in Vista with Skype.  I even dismantled my laptop  to make sure the camera was plugged in, no loose wires

2 Posts

August 27th, 2010 18:00

Having the exact same issue!!! Cam is not even in device manager.

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and so far this seems to be the only issue.

Has anyone been able to correct it? Please HELP!!!!!!!

2 Posts

August 27th, 2010 19:00

Holy Cow!!!

Turns out this was a 'hardware malfunction"!

I pressed gently around the bezel where the camera is and voila! recognized!

Guess Dell could make a better job with the contacts on the camera!!!!

No Events found!