PlayerN
1 Nickel

Studio 1535 and Windows 7

Hey all,

I want to upgrade to Windows 7 on my Studio 1535 and am wondering if there will be any trouble with drivers seeing as you cant get Windows 7 drivers for the 1535 on the support pages.  I figure it should be fine but would like to double check.

Cheers

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Cynthia11
1 Nickel

Re: Studeio 1535 and Windows 7

Hello,

Did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Adviser? The fact that there are no drivers listed on the support page isn't a good sign...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displa...

0 Kudos
PlayerN
1 Nickel

Il have a go running that today.  I heard the only reason that the drivers are not on the support page is because the 1535 has recently been replaced by the 1555, hardware wise the 1535 should still be more than enough for Windows 7.

Cheers

Looking around on google it seems people have managed to do it but with some problems with drivers not working properly.  I dont see why drivers cant be provided for the 1535 as well as the 1555.

0 Kudos
PlayerN
1 Nickel

Just ran the advisor thing and it didnt come up with any problems.  Would the vista drivers work on Windows 7 then?

Cheers

0 Kudos

PlayerN,

Thank you for contacting the Dell Community Forum.  For many systems, either the drivers native to Windows 7 or Windows Vista drivers will work fine, with no need to install additional drivers for the new OS.  It appears that the Studio 1535 is one of those systems, but I will research the issue further and post what I find here.

0 Kudos
PlayerN
1 Nickel

That sounds good, cheers! So most likely the drivers im using on vista now will work?

Cheers

0 Kudos

PlayerN,

From what I've been able to find, yes--Vista drivers should work in Windows 7 for the Studio 1535. 

0 Kudos
PlayerN
1 Nickel

That sounds great, thanks for the help!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
justinkel
1 Nickel

Re: Studio 1535 and Windows 7

I'm looking to upgrade to Windows 7 also on my 1535.  I'm going from 32-bit to 64-bit.  Is that your case?  The upgrade advisor says everything should work fine with 64.  I'm seeing a couple of issues online though with the ricoh driver and possibly the touch-sensitive media keys on the keyboard.

Did you or anyone else have problems installing windows 7 on the 1535?  I'm looking forward to seeing the replies especially in regards to the media keys (pause, play, mute, etc.)

0 Kudos
PlayerN
1 Nickel

Re: Studio 1535 and Windows 7

Yep, the plan is to go from 32-bit to 64-bit and everything should be fine.  I cant say for 100% yet as i havent had the chance to upgrade, but i plan too when i get back to my house in december.  When i was looking around to see if it would work, i never came across anyone with issues with the media keys but im not sure on that point.  I do plan on upgrading though so i'll post back with the results when i can.

0 Kudos