Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 28th, 2009 10:00

Themes and Wallpapers

Error message when I tried to select Mystery (This is a theme that came with WINDOWS XP.

Error Loading Theme

The theme could not load because one of the needed theme files could not be found.  This can happen with themes that are not installed or authored correctly.  You should verify that the wallpaper, screensaver, icons, sounds, and other files are in the correct location.

Theme:  C:/Program Files/Plus/Themes/Jungle (256 color) theme.

What should I do.  It is listed in the above path but I get this error message if I try to select it.  Was this ever listed in the Wallpapers that came with Windows XP.  I know I used to use it but may have been with my Windows 98SE.

P.S.  I always considered Delltalk one of the best web sites but I do not like the new forum.

14.4K Posts

January 28th, 2009 18:00

Mystery was a win98 theme and will not run on xp

4.6K Posts

January 29th, 2009 07:00

The path you've mentioned is to the Jungle theme - not the Mystery theme?

Bearing in mind what Dave has said above, if the 'Mystery' theme was installed on your system, the correct path would be C:/Program Files/Plus/Themes/Mystery :emotion-55:

But as Dave suggests... which is confirmed on Paul Thurrott's WinSupersite... it isn't included in the XP Plus! Pack. 

The only themes included on the XP Plus! CD are:  Aquarium, Nature, Da Vinci, and Space.

186 Posts

January 29th, 2009 08:00

Yes, you are correct re the path ending in Mystery rather than Jungle.

Please note.  I had a Win98SE computer and I had files transferred to my Win XP.  I believe the themes/wallpaper/screensavers were probably transferred.  I also believe that I was able to use the Mystery screensaver (that is actually what I want to use rather than the theme)  I did delete some of my screensavers and mystery may have been one of them.  I am told by Dell something to the effect that if you have mystery listed as a screensaver, you can also use it as a theme.  Well I do not have it listed as a screensaver (I may have deleted it) but I do have it listed as a theme.  I am assuming there is no way for me to get it listed as a screensaver.  If this is the case there is no need for a reply from the forum.  Thanks.

14.4K Posts

January 29th, 2009 13:00

A theme is a collection of things. colors, pointers, screen saver, backgrounds, etc. So as you are finding the screen saver portion is probably not there. Most things i find on the web about it say it will not work on XP though

No Events found!