Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2011 05:00

To Dells General Manager Cannot reset Windows 7 to Dell Factory XPS8300 Desktop

To every Dell support team

I just purchased  XPS 8300 Desktop with Windows 7 Premium (64)

I want to reset Windows 7 To Dell Factory but I can't

There is NO Dell Factory Image Recovery option. I want Dell See why ?

there are hundred of topics asking the same question but no response

no solutions

We are your customers if you don't take care of your customers someone else will (Hp.Acer.ETC)

This is not acceptable at all

Why there is a 5 GB Partition Recovery and it dosen't work

Why

Why There is no  Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe options

There is must be a software from dell Doing this or resolving this we are very upset as a customer from Dell

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 16th, 2011 07:00

Echoing what firebird said ... you need to call Dell support on the phone if you want them to listen to you or do anything about your problem.

You can follow firebird's link to order installation media, or if you are in a hurry, you can download the version that matches your license here (you will need to activate over the phone):

www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 16th, 2011 07:00

First, this is a users helping users forum, not a way to contact Dell or complain to Dell.

The 8300 DOES ship with a Recovery Partition, accessed by F8 at POST (Power On Self Test).  There are not "hundreds of topics asking the same question but no response".  

If the Recovery partition was corrupted and/or the MBR on the hard drive changed then it will not work.  In those cases it will require reinstalling with Discs.  

If your 8300 is still in warranty, contact Dell Tech Support, as only Dell Tech Support can get problems resolved under warranty.

If you are in the US you can request a set of Discs (OS and Drivers and Utilities) from Dell  HERE   If you are not in the US, you will have to contact Dell for your area.

16 Posts

December 16th, 2011 08:00

You only one in here don't say we
2- i'm talking to Dell and in Dell Forms and Not in your house

I'm in Dell house

you are not from my level So i'll ignore you

i want the Dell delete all topics in this forum If dell Can't solve this Problem

16 Posts

I want to reset Windows 7 To Dell Factory but i can't

There is NO Dell Factory Image Recovery option. I want Dell See why ?

there are hundred of topics asking the same question but no solution inside dell fourms and in the internet

are we all have corrupted  Partition  are we all have infected things and Dell is right

are we all wrong and you Dell The only one who is always right

No solutions

no solutions

We are your customers if you don't take care of your customers someone else will (Hp.Acer.ETC)

This is not acceptable at all

Why there is a 5 GB Partition Recovery and it dosen't work

Why

Why There is no  Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe options

There is must be a software from dell Doing this or resolving this we are very upset as a customer from Dell

If any one want to be a lawyer or defending

about this hilarious mistake in Dell Desktop Cpu

First Must be in a responsible positions

Not only talking and filling the thread

i want solutions From the experts Why Hundred topics in the internet and In Dell Without any solution

Regarding  Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe options

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

Repeating your rant is not going to get you anywhere.  We have tried to help you and obviously you do not want to hear what we told you.  

There is nothing further we can do for you on this forum.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 16th, 2011 11:00

There is on my XPS 8300.

14.4K Posts

December 16th, 2011 15:00

Flaming other members will get your posts deleted and you banned. Take heed please.  Fireberd is another user just like you and is trying to offer help to you. IF you continue on this path you will be banned.

the most important advice that Fireberd offered is since this is a new system and you should be contacting Dell support

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 16th, 2011 18:00

If you buy a 16 Gig or larger good quality USB 2.0 flash drive and use Dell Datasafe 2.0 to make an initial backup then the entire system INCLUDING the dell recovery partition can be backed up to a bootable USB flash drive that will recover even from a totally dead hard drive.  AKA it will restore to factory spec a new blank hard drive with the diag and boot and recovery partitions.   I know this to be fact because I have done it and it works fine.  The only limitation of the backup is that it requires a drive that is AT LEAST as large as the original hard drive.  If you have a 1TB drive you cannot recover to a 500 Gig  Drive but you can to 1.5 TB or 2 TB drive etc.

If you buy the machine Retail at Microcenter or BestBuy or other dealers that are Authorized they can recover this or give you a replacement machine to solve this issue.  If this is within the first 21 days I recommend you return it for a full refund.

16 Posts

December 16th, 2011 18:00

There are more topics in Dell Forums But no solution

and over hundred in the Internet

and

Too Many Devices

Now every time i go to dell website i see XPS 8300 on the first screen

But i don't see

any kind of support regarding this

Big Mistake

because hundred of topics asking About the Recovery

There is NO Dell Factory Image Recovery option.

I want Dell See why ?

I want Dell See why ?

I want Dell See why their is a partition for that ?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 17th, 2011 06:00

I'm not seeing much progress here. The requested information has been posted, so I'd recommend this thread be locked.

16 Posts

December 17th, 2011 06:00

I would like to thanks Speedstep

as a real expert in this fourm

for he's effort for he's great answer and for he's kind words regarding the full refund

and many men respect this kind of men

but the problem is still on and we are waiting for Experts and From Dells experts

When dell launched The XPS8300 Desktop with no recovery option

While the partition is available and the device is new and many many people asking the same thing all over this forum and the internet

we was upset to see the recovery partition but no Recovery option

SpeedStep this is nice from you but i have changed my system From Premium to Ultimate right now and i don't have Dells software regarding what you said

and even if i purchased a 16 GB Flash you said i can't backup because the used space in the hard desk is around 13 but the hard desk is 2 Tb

But I still have the recovery partition

and the 39 Mb OEM Partitic

I want From Dell To provide us a software or a way to recover the system back Or any way

because this is a big fault that a device worth more than 1000USD dosn't have recovery option

I have test HP and ACER ANd SOny

they all gurantee the Partiton recovery and it's all work fine

only this problem with Dell

Now I'm asking Dell From a customer of hundred customers who purchased this DESKTOP DeVice To make anything (Any Way) for thier customers for this problem

14.4K Posts

December 17th, 2011 07:00

You altered the main drive by installing a different OS then what the system shipped with. This has rendenderd the recovery partition useless. This is not a 8300 issue this will happen on ANY DELL computer that has the Master boot record altered. This is not new. It has been this way  

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 17th, 2011 07:00

The forum shouldn't be locked yet Osprey, I have unlocked it.

Bluewhale I understand you are frustrated. However if you have done a manual install of Windows 7 Ultimate you have likely lost the ability to use the factory restore. It is also likely you have lost software support from Dell but not the hardware support (which is important). If you wish to restore to factory settings and use the Ultimate version of Windows 7 64 bit, you should of either done a Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade or bought the system with it preinstalled.

Also this forum is mainly for Dell users however there are a small number of Dell employees who moderate the forum. (I am not a Dell employee I am just a forum regular).

As you have done the install via disc the factory partition on your system is now useless, it was only designed for users who don't change their OS. Personally I don't like the Dell factory settings very much.

On my system I done the same as you, I bought a Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade, I done the Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade but was unhappy with the performance of the factory settings. So I done a clean install which makes the performance of my system vastly superior to those of the factory settings. If you have lost the Dell factory store (don't worry about it) there are other ways. I will guide you through a Windows 7 reinstallation to likewise get your system better than the factory settings.

First obtain a Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 x64 .iso and create a bootable USB/DVD. The download link and instructions to do this are here. Use this bootable USB/DVD in conjunction with your Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key. Once you have this disc follow the full installation instructions here.

In Step 5. of this guide, the drivers. I will note that my XPS 8300 inputting the Service Tag in the drivers and downloads yields the wrong driver set; not only is it wrong but it is also incomplete. There are some bugs on this page due to a recent upgrade hopefully they will be fixed soon.

I will also note I got some drivers direct from AI/nVidea and Creative for the graphics and soundcard which are more up to date and I advise you to do the same. 

However to assist you further I would need to know if you have purchased the system with a soundcard (and what one), if you purchased it with a graphics card (and what one) and if you have purchased the optional USB 3.0 ports.

You should have the product key of your Windows 7 Ultimate and any installed/preinstalled Microsoft Office to hand.

16 Posts

December 17th, 2011 11:00

I would like to thanks natakuc4 very Much

for he's polite way for he's helping and for he's kind words

but natakuc4

I want to say two things

1- I have 2 XPS8300 they both don't have recovery setting

after that i've changed one of them to Ultimate while the other one still Original

2- Someone in this fourm changed my all font very small so no one can read it and i'm very upset of this this no what we expect from this forum

After you answer this i'll complete answering your the rest of your important questions

Thanks very mcuh

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 17th, 2011 12:00

Thanks I changed the font size because it reminded me of advertisements too much I'm sorry if this upset you.

I have no idea why neither of your machines have factory settings, for the one you still have on Windows 7 Home Premium, you may likewise use a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 .iso and instead use the key on the Dell - Windows 7 COA on the top of the system. Phone activation will be required however but it is pretty straight forward.

What country do you reside in? I was certain that Dell had the factory settings on all their XPS 8300 units but it is possible in some countries they don't, You may also be able to phone Dell Technical Support and get them to send you physical recovery media.

No Events found!