Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2015 15:00

Trying to restore N4110, Early 2011

I need help, please.

I have a N4110, Early 2011 Laptop and 2 weeks ago I downloaded and installed the Dell Support Assist which gave my computer a lot of problems.  I uninstalled this and within 3 day my hard drive failed. (I chalked this up to coincidence)

I purchased a new hard drive that matched my factory installed one and put it in the computer.  I then got my recovery USB drive that I created when I purchased the computer originally and booted my computer up. 

My problem is this - My laptop will not read the USB recovery disc and I can't load anything as I do not have the physical Windows discs.  The Dell Recovery just gets stuck in a loop and won't do anything.

I am resigned to the fact that everything is lost as that happened when my hard drive failed but now I can't even load Windows onto my computer.

How can I get the windows 7 home that I paid for when I bought my computer?  Where can I download this from?

I am very frustrated as my computer is useless and I can't afford to get a new one right now.  I only need to download the windows but don't know where can I get it from.

• 

16.7K Posts

March 9th, 2015 06:00

Oshio,

You will need the Windows disk to reinstall Windows. Click the link below to request backup media.

Request Backup Media US/Canada Only

2 Posts

March 9th, 2015 09:00

Thank you for your help.

I have put in my service tag and it says I am out of warranty, which I know, so can't get the disc.  I try on Microsoft website and it says to contact Dell because my Windows is part of a bundle and I have a code with OEM in it. 

Well I have, and I get, "sorry you are out of warranty so you have to pay."  Well, I did pay when I bought my computer.  Why should I have to pay again?  This system is so ridiculous.  Why don't we just get the disc when we buy our computer in the first place?

I have been a customer of Dell since around the early 90's and have bought many computers over the years including Desktop and Laptops.  This experience has totally frustrated me and Dell has lost any of my future business.  I will go to a local shop and pay them to fix this. 

I have made the backups and followed all the rules and steps and still no solution other than I need the disc.  Dell should give me the disc when I buy my computer or what good is me buying it?  Maybe I am only renting and don't own.

Thank you for your time and assistance.  Yours is the only help I have received over the last week of trying to deal with fixing this and calling Dell.

Edited to fix typo

No Events found!