Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2010 09:00

Unable to wake up sleeping Windows 7 and pc becomes unbootable!

I just received my Zino couple days ago. I found that whenever the PC was sleeping, I could not wake it up. Keyboard and mouse would not wake up the OS and monitor would not come on. I pressed power button on PC, no post beeps, no monitor, nothing! The PC would no longer boot by pressing power button and there is no response at all. I have to totally disconnect the power and then hitting the power button will be booting the computer again. It looks like Windows 7 may have some power management issues. Is the computer defective?  Please let me know how this could be solved. Thanks.

139 Posts

February 28th, 2010 10:00

I would check your power management settings.  If its not set to wake from USB devices because it is turned off and your using a USB keyboard and mouse it will not wake up.  I doubt very much you need to worry about a defective computer.  This is almost always a power management setting.

See this guide here to get it all setup to your liking.

http://blog.enterpriseitplanet.com/green/blog/2009/01/how-to-manage-windows-7-power-settings.html

21 Posts

March 1st, 2010 12:00

Thanks for your quick reply. I kew it is a power management issue because it does not have that wake-up problem after I changed it to "never sleep". However, I do want to make it sleep when not using. So I don't think  I have a solution yet. I am pretty sure that the system is set to wake from USB devices and my keyboard/mouse are USB. The linked provided does not help me since I knew how to do the power management already. Any more suggestions? 

139 Posts

March 3rd, 2010 09:00

Download the Dell "Quickset" utility.  It should provide you with all the extra options you need.  There is also power management settings is your bios you might want to check and see if theres a toggle there causing it not to wake.

6 Posts

November 17th, 2013 05:00

I can't get my zino to wake up at all. I've tried turning it off and on, using a usb connected mouse (usually use wireless), unplugging the power cord, I'm not sure what else to do. I can't change power setting because the zino will not wake up to do so. Please help!

Thanks,

Kindra

No Events found!