tjennifer09
1 Copper

Uninstall itunes

I have Windows Vista, and I recently got a new ipod 4th generation. I wanted to put it on my computer, but it told me to install itunes8. So, i did. now i can not click on itunes or do anything with it. I tried to uninstall it, but it wouldn't work. I was on the phone with an itunes support person for over an hour and we could not uninstall it. I have 2 ipods on my computer (i use the shift key to change my library) and I have 2 users. I do not know how to uninstall it and I have tried everything, but it says i am not the administrator.  I just got this computer over the summer and my other ipod was working fin with itunes 7, but know that i have itunes8 non of the ipods (itunes) work.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Re: Uninstall itunes

Log on as the administrator account that you have.

Go to the start button (bottom right) > control panel > user accounts > user accounts > turn user account control on orr off > uncheck the box that says to have it on.

Then reboot. Log back in, there will be a security message, ignore it.

Go to the start button (bottom right) > uninstall or change a program > select itunes, quicktime and apple software update > uninstall.

After it is uninstalled: Go to the start button (bottom right) > control panel > user accounts > user accounts > turn user account control on orr off > uncheck the box that says to have it off. Reboot again

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos