Highlighted
DigiLogan
1 Copper

Update keeps crashing system

Since January 2011 I had a problem with an update from Microsoft I finally had to send my laptop in to get repaired the motherboard had failed. This year in January I had another update from Microsoft that has made it impossible for me to even own this Dell Inspiron 1545, because I have had to reset back to factory settings 4x already. I keep getting told is to pay money to have the software technical support department handle the problem, but why should I have to pay for something that is a Dell/Microsoft conflict? If someone can help me please help me before I take a sledge hammer to this junk and ship it back to Dell. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7- Thorium

Re: Update keeps crashing system

There are some Microsoft updates that universally (all PC's) have caused problems, not just a problem with Dell.  I even have one MS Update that I have blocked because it causes problems.  Do some google research on the specific Microsoft update and see what you come up with.  A software update, even a corrupted update, will not cause a hardware failure, if you had a motherboard problem it was not because of a software issue (unless it was incorrectly diagnosed).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos