8 Krypton

Upgraded Inspiron 1545 to Windows 7 64bit, no drivers for trackpad(noob)

I upgraded my Inspiron 1545(loaded with windows vista basic), to Windows 7 professional. The system works great, however I can't use scroll features on my trackpad and when i try to download Synaptics drivers it says I have to run them on a 64 bit version. 

Along with my trackpad problem, my volume and contrast icons will not appear on my screen when I press them on my keyboard.

I have tried to download both Quickset and the Trackpad drivers from Dell.com making sure to put my computer and operating system information in correctly. They install, but when I go to open them it tells me to go look at my Download and Drivers folder because there is nothing to install.

Its pretty annoying to not have a scroll feature on my trackpad, I dont need the official software(if there is a multi-touch trackpad software that will work for my system that would be great)

Thanks for your help,

Amanda

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: Upgraded Inspiron 1545 to Windows 7 64bit, no drivers for trackpad(noob)

Hi Amanda

The Win 7 64 bit drivers for your 1545 are here http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=E... .

Good Luck

Jerry\c3po5

XPS 430 Ram 8 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit  

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version 

Dimension 8400 Ram 4 gigs Retail  Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version 

Dimension E 512 Ram 4 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Inspiron 1501 Ram 4 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version on drive 2

0 Kudos