Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2008 23:00

Viewing photos via Email or on CD

I recently upgraded my Dell Dim. 4550 with XP SP2 and also added some new memory.  Now when I get email with photos attached or when I try to view CD's with photos it uses Dell Image Expert/Dell Picture Studio.  I have never used this and really am fine using Window Explorer for viewing my photos but for some reason I can't get it to allow me to view that way any longer.  I seached in my email as well as My Computer to see if somewhere Dell is now selected as my default but I can't find it anywhere.  

Has anyone got an idea where I can go to fix this issue?  Advise appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2008 09:00

I no longer have XP, but if you RIGHT click on a picture, there should be an option to Open With and even an option to always use this program or something similar.  Check that out and you should be able to get what you want back as the default program.

October 23rd, 2008 12:00

Fireberd,

If I understand you correctly you mean to right click the attached picture on the email.  Whan I do that I don't get the option you mention.   I just get Open, Save As or print.  When I click open I get a box to open or save to disc.  When I click Open it opens in Dell Picture viewer and I never get a way to change the program.  Thanks for you help anyway. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2008 15:00

I meant to do that with an existing picture you have on the PC or save a picture attachment to the desktop and then RIGHT click on the picture on the desktop and then LEFT click on open with and select the picture viewer you want to use and also check to see if there is an option to always use that program.

October 23rd, 2008 17:00

Fireberd,

Thanks very much.  Not sure how it got change, I guess with the upgrade but that fixed it.  I do appreciate the help.

fastpitch98

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2008 19:00

:smileyvery-happy:
No Events found!