Yossarian RU
1 Copper

Re: Vista 32-bit to 64-bit upgrade....DSN ID 158098

Jump to solution

Dear DELL Jesse L,

I have a similar problem. I've got a Dell computer (bought it less than a year ago and the warranty is still valid) with a 32-bit Vista on it, which I would like to get changed for a 64-bit version for a number of reasons. I am based in Russia and having found out that there is an opportunity to change the operating system, I asked Dell in Russia what I should do to get 64-bit version. I spent half an hour in a conversation with them and still do not have a clear answer. As they put it I was the first person who informed them about such initiative. Could you  clarify whether only US users can get 32-bit Vista changed for 64-bit or this program is available for all Dell users worldwide? What should I do and who should I talk to to have this resolved? Your reply is very much appreciated.

csaif7
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just an update on my status I got a reply back from Chris and he informed me that the order has been placed for my 64 bit DVD so all of you who are having tough time in getting 64 Bit DVD from Dell support (regular channel) contact Dell-Chris_M and explain your issue. He would need you to provide information such as:

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Service tag number:
Reason:

I will get back to you all once i receive my DVD's.

If you can not find him on dell community user search then see my last post for the link to his profile.

Trust me he is the solution for this problem... if some one is returning as a first search link in google searches he must be a popular man...

Good Luck!

Update: I got my 64 bit DVD as well and successfully upgrade (clean instal) to 64 bit. Thanks to Chris.

0 Kudos
yuansjoys
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Can you help me too. I have the same problem. I think! I can load any videos online.  Please help me!!!

kuchu
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I want to give an update on my situation and publicly thank both Jesse L and Chris M for the outstanding job they did in resolving my issue.  I was a little frustrated when I came and posted on this board but you guys have completely restored my confidence in dell's customer service, and I'm back on board as a very satisfied and loyal customer.  I know I sound a little giddy, but I was amazed to open my door and find the fedex guy with my 64-bit DVD no more than 24 hours after I had sent Chris my info.  I hadn't even had time to really set up my pc when the DVD arrived.  Kudos for the superior service guys.

almalehn
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing on my two systems; which both came with vista home perm. and had no luck so far with dell support on this issue and I would like to move to a 64bit version instead of the 32bit..

1 - on Inspiron 1420 laptop

2- on XPS 630i

Can you help I emailed Chris M and no respons yet ...any advice would be great

thanks.

0 Kudos
almalehn
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Well just an update I had no luck with anyone .. trying to get these DVD .. and the tech support online and via the phone they say that the system is not setup for the 64bit... which is odd when you can buy the system from dell online and are able to download the driver from their support site.. someone need to get their story right.

if anyone out there from Dell support can help with this that will be great.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

almalehn,

I can send you out the disk provided you are within your warranty period and live in the US. If so, send me Dell-Jesse L a private message here in the forum with your name, address, city,state, zip code, phone number ,email address and the system service tag number.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
vinodh_r
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem and no luck so far with Customer service. Was told that they can only ship what was orginally shipped with the system. I have Windows Visat Business 32BIT SP1.

0 Kudos
almalehn
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Well just to update everyone, I got an email from Dell- Jesse L who offer to help, and thank you for your fast response and the call.. I'm just waiting to see the 64bit DVD in the mail any day now.

again thank you Jess for following up .. I wish everyone at dell can get on the same level as you. 

0 Kudos
nikechristo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey Jesse or Chris,

Can you help me? I m in the same situation.

My laptop M1530 came with 32 bit ultimate, 4 gb ram. I recently found out that 32 bit can only support 3 gb and Im wasting 1 gb of ram.

So I borrowed a vista 64 bit ultimate dvd from one of my friends and I tried using my 32 bit ultimate dvd key, but it didn't work.

It would be really nice of you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

p.s. I paid $3600 CAD for my M1530.

0 Kudos