Re: Vista 32-bit to 64-bit upgrade....DSN ID 158098

Jump to solution

orion5276,

Click on my profile and send me a message or request to be my friend on the forum.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
lewauto
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I was wanting to know if I could get a disk to go the other way from vista 64 to vista 32 as i have a program that i need that wont run on vista 64 but will run on vista 32

0 Kudos
Greg PA
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Jesse,

First off thank you for your help with all the Dell users on the forum.  I've messaged you regarding my own issues with Dell Customer Service, basically telling me that I was mistaken in thinking that I ordered a computer with 64bit premium, after recieving the 32bit Windows Premium installed.   I too would like the 64bit version, as I KNOW that I ordered the 64bit version, as I was already aware that the 64bit version would be required to make the most of the 4gb of memory.   If for some reason my message was not recieved, please email me instructions to recieve the proper Windows version.

0 Kudos
steelergamer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Jesse,

As with just about everyone else on this particular forum, I too have been trying to get an upgrade on my Vista 32 bit to Vista 64 bit.  Unfortunately all the numbers I have called at Dell have got me nowhere.  And now I only have like 11 days left on my warranty 😞  If you could please help me get a copy of the 64 bit Vista operating system so that I can upgrade my Vista Home Premium, it would be greatly apprec iated.  I am not too familiar with thses forums and do not know how to send a private message.....I tried to send you a freind request....do not know if I did it correctly or not, so I am trying this.....any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
gyps32
1 Copper

Jump to solution

can i upgrade to 64 bits without a warrany and if so how much would it cost? my warranty ran out last week. i have a inspiron 530 and i also have a question bout getting more ram space. i dont know exactly where i put the new ram card at? could you help me?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

can i upgrade to 64 bits without a warrany and if so how much would it cost? my warranty ran out last week. i have a inspiron 530 and i also have a question bout getting more ram space. i dont know exactly where i put the new ram card at? could you help me?

Out of warranty no they will not send you a disk so you would have to buy one.  For you next question Please start a new thread as this one is for the disk issue.

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

0 Kudos
mwaqar
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Jesse,

I have sent you a message for a 64-bit disk. Thanks!

0 Kudos
stephenju
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Hi.

I got the 64-bit Vista Home Premium DVD (p/n N069H) last Oct. I just find the disc is unreadable right after I opened the sealed DVD sleeve. I am out of my warranty. Is there any chance I can get a replacement?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

steelergamer,

Click on my profile and choose to send a message. Include your name,address,city,state,zip code,phone number, email address and system service tag.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
rneilands
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Jesse i just sent you a friend request w/ all my info, thanks for your time!

0 Kudos