Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2007 19:00

Vista OCX files

I am using Vista Business on a brand new Dell. I am trying to install a program (alamode)for work. Error Message when I try to run the program "Component RichTX32.ocx OR one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid"  Is this a system error? The senior tech support at alamode told me this is definitely a problem with permissions from windows and is probably related to the Vista installation. He tried resetting and rerunning the configuration for the program. I agree with him. I do not believe this is a software issue. It is my system. I tried re-registering Windows to no avail. Any suggestions? The program installs correctly (I have tre-done several times) However, will not correctly run due to thes ocx files. Please help!!!!! Another error message showed something to do with dll files.

Message Edited by HMRUGGS on 03-30-2007 03:08 PM

69 Posts

March 31st, 2007 15:00

Try right clicking on it and clicking run as administrator and/or turn off UAC

4 Posts

April 2nd, 2007 15:00

I tried both of those things-I think I solved my problem this morning by going to the Windows settings and turning on Active-X. By default, this box was not checked. Program has now installed and seems to be working without a problem. :-)
No Events found!