Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2006 16:00

Vista RTM / Cingular 3G HSDPA card on Latitude 820

I've installed Vista RTM on my Latitude D820, and *almost* everything is running as it should.  The only problem I've run into is with the Dell Wireless 5500 Mobile Broadband (3G HSDPA) card.  Vista sees it - actually installed an updated driver from Windows Update.

I haven't been able to get it to connect - with or without the Dell Mobile Broadband utility.  I'd like to be able to connect without waiting for Dell to release an updated connection program, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Any ideas on what settings I might need to get this working?

Thanks!
Mark

November 22nd, 2006 13:00

I got it to work by ...

1) Installing with elevated rights (opened a command prompt with "Run As Administrator" and then executing the MSI file
 - and -
2) Running the connection utility running as administrator. 

5 Posts

November 27th, 2006 11:00

I setup a manual dial-up connection and titled it Cingular.

For the phone number I used *99#
For the username ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM
For the password CINGULAR1

Connection worked, no garbage software needed.

Post back if this works for you so I can know if this information should be passed onto others.

Thanks,
Brian

July 3rd, 2012 06:00

i would like to know how to use a 3g sim in my laptop for internet connection... i have inserted the sim card in the slot ... mine is an aircel connection in India .. kindly help ... i am using windows 7 ...

July 3rd, 2012 06:00

i would like to know how to use a 3g sim in my laptop for internet connection... i have inserted the sim card in the slot ... mine is an aircel connection in India .. kindly help ... i am using windows 7 ... 

No Events found!