Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2012 07:00

Webcam Software Malfunction

Hey there,

I got my Dell XPS L502X a couple of days ago and was playing around with the webcam, taking silly pictures etc. I didn't like the few color correction possibilities in Dell Webcam Central, so I downloaded a trial version of YouCam 5 since it has more setting options for the picture (sharpness, saturation etc.) Then suddenly my webcam turned really dark, and I thought I accidentally moved the brightness arrow in the settings,  but the settings themselves were all messed up; instead of the interval -5 to 5 (or whatever the original setting was; something NORMAL), I could only choose between -11 and -3. I changed the settings so that if I would point my desk lamp straight to my face it would look acceptable, but that's just a temporary solution. I just want it to be the original settings again. I already deinstalled the webcam twice and my laptop installed the original drivers itself, but it just stayed the same. I tried to fix the colors and brightness working with both programms (Dell Webcam Central and YouCam 5), but it didn't work. I deinstalled YouCam, maybe it would miraculously solve the problem I thought, nope of course it did not.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks for every advice! :)

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 26th, 2012 11:00

Hi Gentern

There is an online video which discusses common webcam issues here. This might help you. Also try installing R230103 Dell Webcam Central to see if you can change the settings there.

If you have just had your machine for a few days, back up what you have added to the system. Then you could try restoring to the factory settings.

Power down your system. Tap F8 repeatedly when you power up your system. This will yield the advanced boot options menu.

Select repair your computer. Then press enter.

Select the last option to get to the factory settings.

No Events found!