Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2007 16:00

What is IVT Corporation Bluetooth wireless hub?

Hi,
I have VISTA OS with activated for automatic windows updates. I usually get updates for Microsoft defender,Hot fix for windows, MS Office, windows malicious software removel tool, Windows VISTA update ect.

I yesterday received this through windows update: "Optional update available for IVT Corporation -other Hardware-Bluetooth Wireless Hub."

Now
I do not know if it would be required for my Desk top that has Dell's wireless Bluetooth keyboard & Mouse.

Has anybody got any idea?
What is this optional update is for?
snow

Message Edited by snowshine on 07-11-2007 01:01 PM

July 12th, 2007 20:00

If your bluetooth is working fine, i would suggest NOT getting this update. I did it on my laptop with the Dell Bluetooth 350 stack and it TOTALLY messed up my vista system. I had to perform a system restore to undo the changes it made!

9 Posts

July 16th, 2007 21:00

DO NOT INSTALL THIS!!!

I noticed this optional update for my Dimension E510 because I got the Dell Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo with a USB Bluetooth Wireless Hub. After the reboot from the install my bluetooth was all messed up!

Through my own errors in attempting to correct the problem I accidentally lost all my restore point by doing somthing with msconfig. I later read a tech note that warned of such an occurrance, but the damage was already done. I spent two days in a series of troubleshooting failures.

The IVT driver somehow locks the Bluetooth Devices settings so that you cannot enable "Turn discovery on". In fact you cannot change any setting. You get an error that says, "An error occurred while Windows was saving your settings. The following settings wer not saved: Discoverability settings     Connection settings."

I finally called Dell Support and spent 2.5 hours with a tech who could not resolve the problem and my wireless keyboard could not sync with the hub and therefore was unusable. The next day I was able get the keyboard working through some combination of uninstalling and reinstalling the old driver from the cd. But just now I installed the newest dell driver and it installed the IVT driver and now I cannot enable the discovery on my computer. Fortunately, my keyboard was already sync'd to the computer and still works, but I lost the on-screen display that came up whenever I used the media keys for volume and muting etc.

I can't beleive how much time I've wasted on this stupid issue, but I really want my keyboard working like it used to before the stupid download. Intel, Microsoft, Dell... are you listening?

1.1K Posts

July 17th, 2007 05:00

Hi karlerm,
Thank you for your posting.
I have exactly same Keyboard & Mouse as yours.
Now on this the "failure of volume knob on the keybord& some other functionality of the Mouse" I did experience when I first did my os change from XP MCE SP-2 to VISTA . Now on that occassion I put in the XP CD for the Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard&Mouse Bundle that came in with the computer and then went to the logitec to down load the latest driver that restored all the functionality.
However since then [that was in March 2007] Dell has the latest Bluetooth Keyboard&Mouse bundle driver released.
I did not first remove the existing driver prior to install the logitec. As a consequence my computer behave differently with different users loged on. This may be due to as I first mentioned that failure to remove the old driver prior to the latest installment OR failure to log on as administrator[but loged on as a named with administrator rights] when I changed the driver may be the reason.
snow
No Events found!