Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2006 12:00

What is Program Card Reader Lookup Window

When I attempt to shut down my computer and Windows I get a box indicating "attempting to end the Program Card Reader Lookup Window" ...then a scrolll line indicating something is happening... then another box saying "Program not responsing".  I checked Event Viewer and it shows a warning message; "the description of Event ID (19011) in Source (MSSGL$MICROSOFTBCM) cannot be found. etc. etc.  If I go to www.kbaletz.com it says the solution is to install Windows XP file and printer sharing.  Anyone know how to stop the error message or install printer sharing on a single computer?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 25th, 2006 01:00

Do you have a card reader or printer with memory card slots connected to this PC?

You might try installing User Profile Hive Cleanup Service (uphclean.exe), free from Microsoft. It loads automatically when you boot the PC and cleans things up when you log off or shutdown so you shouldn't see those messages anymore (or at least not so frequently).

You can download it it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en

Ron

4 Posts

February 25th, 2006 10:00

I do not have a card reader or a printer with memory card slot attached to the computer.  Thanks for the download information.  I will give that a try.

1 Message

February 11th, 2007 10:00

I get the same message. It only happens when I have a flash drive plugged into a USB port. If I click on safely remove hardware in the task bar and stop the device I can shutdown the computer and the message does not appear.

1 Message

August 29th, 2007 20:00

Under services, disable Windows Firewall Client...And ISA server
No Events found!