Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 28th, 2008 05:00

What versions of AOL work with Windows Vista?

And before anyone wants to know why I want to use AOL...it's very simple.  It's free if you have your own internet access and I still have friends on it who use chat (chat rooms, not IM's).  So I just want to hold onto it...

Can anyone tell me which versions of aol work with vista? I do not like aol desktop (VERY buggy), version 9.1 works but it's a memory hog (after you have it opened and then close it and you try to reboot your computer it takes like 3 minutes just for your computer to shut down!) I tried version 9 and while I'm able to sign on all of the windows are blank, version 8 keeps giving me error messages saying a file is missing. I have installed all versions like 2 or 3 times and still can't get anywhere with it.

Thanks

7.9K Posts

April 28th, 2008 23:00

I'm just going to pretend that you didn't ask.    :D

808 Posts

April 29th, 2008 00:00

@Sseadoubleyou wrote:

And before anyone wants to know why I want to use AOL...it's very simple.  It's free if you have your own internet access and I still have friends on it who use chat (chat rooms, not IM's).  So I just want to hold onto it...

Thanks

I tried AOL once. It took me a long time to remove AOL's footprint off the computer. I finally gave up and just reformatted the drive and started over. But that doesn't answer your question. First off I would suggest you max out your memory, put it to 4gb. If you don't have a 7200rpm drive, go out and buy one. After that, go to a AOL forum and ask someone there. You will probably get a answer you need. Good luck..

3.6K Posts

April 29th, 2008 00:00

AOL 9.0 and 10.0 both work w/vista

No Events found!