Windows General

Last reply by 01-15-2010 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

When will Dell start shipping Windows 7 upgrade discs?

Hi

Please could someone from Dell tell us when they will be shipping the Windows 7 upgrade discs to those who have registered for and ordered the upgrade?

Like many others, I have registered, ordered and paid for my 'free' upgrade but my order status is blank with no indication of a shipping date. I don't want to give Customer Services a hard time but it really would seem sensible if Dell updated the Win7 FAQ with projected shipping dates.

Thanks for your time

Val

Replies (46)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

And it gets even less hopeful- my status now just says 'On Hold'. Dell, when are you actually going to DO something about this. Or are you planning to just let all your customers fade into distant memory?

2 Jasper
2 Jasper

I'm actually quite flabbergasted that there are still people waiting to get their upgrade discs.....something must be very, very wrong here. When did you buy the computer, and when did you apply for and pay for the Windows 7 upgrade?

Also, have you emailed or phoned them over this? I'm sure something must be wrong here....I haven't had an email notification from this thread for ages, so I'm pretty amazed you're still waiting. I sincerely hope you get some closure on the matter soon. Best of luck!

alduncan,

I sent you a private message with some information.

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.
Find your Service Tag

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I'm actually quite flabbergasted that there are still people waiting to get their upgrade discs.....something must be very, very wrong here. When did you buy the computer, and when did you apply for and pay for the Windows 7 upgrade?

Also, have you emailed or phoned them over this? I'm sure something must be wrong here....I haven't had an email notification from this thread for ages, so I'm pretty amazed you're still waiting. I sincerely hope you get some closure on the matter soon. Best of luck!

I bought the computer a couple of weeks before Windows 7 was released,  and applied for the upgrade as soon as I was able to- 26th October. Over the last couple of months I've sent at least six emails to customer services, each time getting a reply just saying that there was a delay with UPS. Finally, things seem to be happening as they've now reordered it for me, and I got the message from Jesse above giving a contact address. Apparently 'There were some orders that were stuck in production due to tool entry issues.' (whatever that means). My shipping date is now 27th Jan.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

[quote user="slitheen"]

I bought the computer a couple of weeks before Windows 7 was released,  and applied for the upgrade as soon as I was able to- 26th October. Over the last couple of months I've sent at least six emails to customer services, each time getting a reply just saying that there was a delay with UPS. Finally, things seem to be happening as they've now reordered it for me, and I got the message from Jesse above giving a contact address. Apparently 'There were some orders that were stuck in production due to tool entry issues.' (whatever that means). My shipping date is now 27th Jan.

[/quote]

Shipment confirmation today... woohoo!

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I did receive the disk soon after.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thankyou to those of you that replied to my first post when I vented my frustrations about waiting for three months for the elusive Windows 7 Upgrade disc ...... and still waiting!

My 1st post got deleted by the moderators of this forum ...... Apologies for likening my mental state to "peas that had gone well passed their sell by date" ...... if you get my drift.

No change on the availability upgrade disc though !

Come on Dell Service where are when we need you!

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor