Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2016 22:00

Where can I download the OS for Dell XPS 8900?

I bought a lightly used Dell XPS 8900 computer. The original owner did not reset the computer. It is erratic. I tried to create a system disk but got an error message. Apparently that's not an option.  I don't know if this system is encrypted or what the problem is. I''ve tried to remove the games the previous owner installed but get an error message with that and cannot uninstall them. Even though I've spent 2 days installing the software I use, I want to reinstall Windows 7 Pro & start over. Can I download the OS from Dell?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 03:00

285 Posts

August 27th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

This below link will download Windows 7 Official ISO file. You have select Windows ISO downloader.exe and select the version and preferred language and then click confirm continue.

www.heidoc.net/.../67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 24th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

This below link will download Windows 7 Official ISO file. You have select Windows ISO downloader.exe and select the version and preferred language and then click confirm continue.

www.heidoc.net/.../67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

The Commercial OEM .iso (Media Refresh 2011) may not be good for an XPS 8900 as it is a Skylake system (Late 2015) due to lack of drivers (USB 3.1, NVMe and SATA preinstallation drivers). The Dell Skylake images are recommended for this model. See here for more details:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-dell-windows-7-64-bit-reinstallation-sp2-oem-iso-for-a-uefi-bios/ 

No Events found!