Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2009 07:00

Where is my Windows 7 update?

I am still waiting for my Windows 7 update. I received a confirmation email back in August when I registered and since then - nothing!

The FAQs state that I'll receive an email "shortly after the Windows 7 operating system is made publicly available"  well I haven't!  Emails are ignored or refer me to the FAQ's (which state the above!), phone calls aren't answered and who has time to wait more than 10 minutes for a phone to be answered?!

Vista has played me up since I got the new computer and the technical support blamed software and said Win 7 would sort it out.  Also I want to install new programs but am not going to do that until I get Windows 7 installed.

I know it's only been a few days since it was released but if I haven't even had an email about delivery yet then God knows when I will. I need that update to get my system working how I want it to (hopefully).  As a result I am really annoyed at the service I've experienced so far and am sorely tempted to send the flipping machine back and buy one from elsewhere which is pre-loaded with Windows!

9 Posts

Duplicate

9 Posts

Thanks. How did you order it?  I was told to register for the upgrade and that was all that was required.  Is that not correct and do I have to do something more?

72 Posts

Welcome to the Dell upgrade world.  Like you I received my PC, registered it for the upgrade and heard nothing.  I did find I had to "order" it.  I did order it on 10-22, since I never got the famous email promised by Dell.  Once I ordered it, the order status has never changed, it just says ordered.  I may try to use Chat today to see if I can get an answer.  Dell knew this was coming and is really poorly prepared.  Seems pretty simple and easy to me and also seems they would like to take care of existing customers but................

9 Posts

I just checked what I've already had and it says "You will receive an e-mail notice when Windows 7 is available for order on Dell systems. Please visit the website at www.dell.com/windows7upgrade at any time to review status of your registered systems."

I've not received any email since that one!

79 Posts

October 26th, 2009 08:00

You can just log in and order.  Now, I haven't gotten an email that it shipped yet, but it has only been 15 minutes.  Patience, people!

9 Posts

October 26th, 2009 08:00

Thanks for that.  I've now ordered my copy.  Why on earth did Dell tell me I'd receive an email when it was available to order if they had no intention of doing so?!  Has it been sitting in my basket just waiting for when I logged in?  Does this mean I could have ordered  it last week or something?  Really annoying.

7 Posts

October 26th, 2009 11:00

Yup. You could have orderd your upgrade as early as the 21st.  Now most of us are waiting for the Upgrade to actually ship. We have no word on when this will happen.

No Events found!