Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 30th, 2009 15:00

Why don't things I delete go to my Recycle Bin?

(I had posted this originally in the General Hardware forum, but it was suggested that I try this one as well).

Per my other recent posts, I have a new WD Caviar hard drive which has taken over from my original Maxtor that was showing some early warning signs of imminent failure. All appears to have gone well with the install, and with migrating everything over to the new drive.

The current problem: When I delete a file, such as an MS Word document, the dialog is only "Are you sure you want to delete this file?", not "Are you sure you want to send this file to the Recycle Bin?" as before. And indeed, when I delete the file and then go into the RB, nothing is there. I can find the RB when I look in Windows Explorer or in My Computer, but there's never anything in it. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks.

34 Posts

September 30th, 2009 21:00

Ah...problem solved.  As simple as: Right click on Recycle Bin, click on Properties, and on Global Tab choose One Setting For All Drives, which apparently carries over the same settings that were applied to the RB when it was on the original hard drive.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

1.3K Posts

September 30th, 2009 15:00

Right click "Recycling Bin" and click properties. Then uncheck "Do not move to Recycling Bin" and click Apply.

34 Posts

September 30th, 2009 20:00

Thanks, but that's not it.  The problem continues!:emotion-40::emotion-43:

1.1K Posts

October 1st, 2009 11:00

Billy Thomas

Good that you took the time to provide feedback  :emotion-21::emotion-1:

As originator of thread, you may want to click on the Suggest as Answer in your last reply

This should mark your reply as an Accepted Solution & will help others

34 Posts

October 1st, 2009 18:00

Glad to help.  These forums have been a big help to me.

But where is "Suggest as Answer"?   :emotion-43:   All I see are "Suggest Idea" and "Verify Answer".

1.1K Posts

October 1st, 2009 20:00

When in Edit My Profile

From Site Options tab, do you have the Forum Posts Default View set to Flat View?

If not then change it then click Save

It can take a couple of minutes to change the view but the next time you view any thread, you should see a number of button options at the bottom of each post, the RHS button should be Suggest as Answer

No Events found!