Windows General

Last reply by 01-11-2010 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Win 7 upgrade notification

I purchased a laptop in August.  I registered with Dell for the free upgrade.  Since Win 7 has been released now, how long will it be before I receive the notification that I can get my upgrade? 

Replies (158)
3 Silver

Tbf, it left midlands at half 6 in the morning, and was at my door 4 hours later.  Although why yours didnt leave midlands this morning i dont know.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Can anyone tell me how the he## I can un-subscribe from this thread of death? I have tried everything found by searching and the emails keep coming.

3 Silver

Sorry to hear about your affliction, but that was very funny! On all those emails you get there is a link at the bottom of them where you can unsubscribe to the thread.

But why would you want to do that?!

2 Jasper
2 Jasper

Can anyone tell me how the he## I can un-subscribe from this thread of death? I have tried everything found by searching and the emails keep coming.

LOL, that made me laugh *really* hard.

I was getting a bit sick of them filling my inbox too, as I was visiting the forums without a need for the reminders....and the ONLY way I found was to reply to a post in the relative thread, and remove the tick from the box that says 'email me when someone replies blah blah'. That was the only effective way for me...before that I tried all sorts...and failed. If that doesn't work, I'll apologise now for my tidings of doom infecting your inbox. LOL :emotion-4:

[To Danshevik)

Thanks, mate, that is handy to know....suppose I better stay in and wait for the door then. Cheers.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Ah... thanks for the replies on the un-subscribe.  I'm trying it right now.

Cheers and good luck on your Win7 discs.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thanks for the info about unsubscribing, I am trying that now what a great help if it works.:emotion-2:

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thanks for the info about unsubscribing, I am trying that now what a great help if it works.:emotion-2:

2 Jasper
2 Jasper

Well my Windows 7 disc/s arrived at 10:50AM...they must have put a right scamper on as it only left East Mid not too long before.

Thanks for all your advice. Rest assured should I run into any installation problems I'll be back pecking your heads. I'll also keep popping in to see if everyone got sorted. Best of luck to those still waiting. Now for the installation...where's my geeky head....ahh, here it is :emotion-15:

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Yesterday my estimated shipping date was today, just logged on to check my order status and...... nothing, its just blank. its not shipped there is no new shipping date and i am non the wiser. I keep getting let down by dell, the computer is cracking but the service stinks!!

3 Silver

Yesterday my estimated shipping date was today, just logged on to check my order status and...... nothing, its just blank. its not shipped there is no new shipping date and i am non the wiser. I keep getting let down by dell, the computer is cracking but the service stinks!!

From experience, when it goes blank, it means that Dell is sending the order through to UPS, and you should get an E-Mail in the next few days.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor