Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2009 17:00

Win7 RC on XPS-One Red.. two drivers left

Good evening...

Tired of Vista Ultimate bogging down my 11 month old XPS-One Red, I decided yesterday to install Windows 7 RC 64-bit on it....  Super smooth install and the install got the major stuff, Video, LAN, Sound, and major stuff like that...

Two things remain in Device Manager unsolved and I do not know what they are... well I have a guess, but here they are

- Other devices
   - Multimedia Video Controller (is this the Cable TV in??)
   - PCI Simple Communications Controller  ("buttons" on the screen for volume, up/down, eject maybe?)

Any tips on how i can find out what these are and where to get the drivers from them

Thnaks in advance

September 28th, 2009 13:00

Hello,

I have the same problem, now on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

For the US version of the XPS One the file "1.3.64.58_SwEncoders_3.0.1.0_AVIN1.1.0.10_1.0.0.6" should work - this is a 64 bit driver from avermedia.

But I have the european version with another TV-Controller (DVB-T), the driver doesn't work :-(

Also the sensor-buttons don't work.

Has anyone success finding suitable driver for these components?

cu

markus

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

September 28th, 2009 14:00

You've probably already done this, but go to Windows Update and see if there are updates for your hardware. There are some win 7 drivers that are not available for older hardware. Run the Upgrade Advisor to find out which ones they are. You can run the advisor even after installed Win 7.

184 Posts

October 27th, 2009 14:00

MorningZ and MarkusGiessen,

Thank you for contacting the Dell Community Forum.  Question for you both:  Have you tried installing the Vista drivers for the components you mentioned?  In many cases, we're seeing that Vista drivers work in Windows 7 when actual 7 drivers are unavailable.  If you have tried that, please post the results here.

October 27th, 2009 14:00

Yes, I've tried the Windows Update several times. Also after the official sales date. But still no driver for the buttons or the DVB-T card.

The Windows Upgrade Advisor also didn't find drivers or mentioned a solution :-(

cu

7 Posts

October 27th, 2009 19:00

Thanks for the reply.....  I thought about Vista drivers, but the problem is that i don't know what the devices listed are to know what to download

I just now looked through the driver list and saw:

"Touch Panel Media Key"

Downloaded it, installed it..... still don't work.....   the buttons light up when i am close to them, and they beep/feedback when i press them, but only the monitor on/off one works, the play/fastforward/rewind/eject/volume keys don't do anything

On top of that, i still have:

"PCI Simple Communications Controller" listed under "Other Devices"....  i have no clue what that is.....

184 Posts

October 28th, 2009 08:00

MorningZ,

I think I may have found one of the drivers you're looking for.  The "PCI Simple Communications Controller" appears to refer to the Intel Management Engine Interface (QST) driver.  The Vista version of that driver is available here.  Give that a try when you have a chance, and let me know if that works.

7 Posts

October 28th, 2009 09:00

Nice call Chris!  that did it !!

All hardware present and account for, and that also fixed the buttons on the monitor itself !

Just to help anyone else running into this topic trying to install that Intel driver linked in the post right above:

- Run the EXE to unzip it
- It's going to fail when it tries to run "setup" (because it doesn't recognize Win7)
- Find the setup.exe file in explorer
- Right-click / Properties
- Run in Windows Vista compatability mode, click "OK"

It will now run/install ! sweet !

November 2nd, 2009 00:00

Thanks, Chris. With the help of MorningZ the driver now runs on my system.

But unfortunately the sensor buttons still won't work :-(

The Sensor Buttons may be the last "unknown device". Drivers are only available from Dell, so I will see.

The DVB-T AVerMedia 306 works with this driver:

http://www.avermedia.eu/avertv/DE/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=199&tab=APDriver

cu

ALDI-Tuete

No Events found!