Tempjack_12
1 Nickel

Windows 7 - Blue Screen Crash - STOP: 0X000000F4

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Windows 7 - Blue Screen Crash - STOP: 0X000000F4

Screen shows e Blue Screen would display the following error code:

STOP: 0X000000F4  (0X0000000000000003, 0XFFFFFA800C4C4B10, 0XFFFFFA800C4C4DF0, 0XFFFFF8000418FE20).
I tried to restore mode, safe mode & all available option to boot-up properly.  Since i don't have windows 7 DVD to re-install windows again.
My question is as follows-
- Is error code says something,
- Any way to re-install windows without CD or DVD or back up image.
- Also i can read & access C: & D: drive data in cmd prompt mode during restore mode.
Waiting for your suggestion.
regards
Jagdish kaushik

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3524/Blue_5F00_Screen_5F00_image_5F00_.pdf:550:0]

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tempjack_12
1 Nickel

RE: Windows 7 - Blue Screen Crash - STOP: 0X000000F4

Jump to solution

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your reply. I want to reinstall windows on same SSD drive. Since SSD drive is working fine as external drive.

So please could you confirm, how i will reinstall windows again. As i can see there is Recovery drive comes when i use SSD as external drive.

Regards

jagdish

16 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you  run a hardware diagnostics to confirm there are no part failures?

To enter diagnostics, Tap F12 on the start up Dell logo, Select "Diagnostics" from the list.

Regardless of the results run the extended memory tests after the initial diagnostics.

If the tests fail, please respond with the Error message and validation code, we shall take it further.

Thanks

Dell-Gokul G
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos
Tempjack_12
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Gokul,
On diagnostics test, SSD hard drive test fail giving error code 2000-0146 & validation code 58149.

Also some time able to login in system but then show C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop unavailable error.

But my Seagate SSD hard drive working fine as external device by connecting to another laptop & i can read/write all my C: & D: drive data. 

I  have taken back up of my all data. I want to reinstall window 7 Home again, but i don't have windows 7 ISO image.

I don't find the window 7 CD that was came along with loptop purchase & but i have windows 7 product key sticker on my laptop. Could you please suggest how can i download or get window 7 iso image to re-install windows again on my laptop again.

Kindly suggest me.

Waiting for your valuable reply.

With Best Regards
Jagdish Kaushik

Number removed per forum privacy policy.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

2000-0146 means your SSD has failed. You need to replace it and Reinstall Windows.

Gokul should be able to advise you further with regards to drive replacement and OS Media Procurement if you are under warranty.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Tempjack_12
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your reply. I want to reinstall windows on same SSD drive. Since SSD drive is working fine as external drive.

So please could you confirm, how i will reinstall windows again. As i can see there is Recovery drive comes when i use SSD as external drive.

Regards

jagdish

Tempjack_12
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Philip,

Regards

jagdish

Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

The SSD is not fine. 2000-0146 means it has failed and must be replaced. Don't trust it as an external drive, the signs are there that it will fail completely.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Tempjack_12
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. But still i want to reinstall windows again. Could you please advice how to reinstall window 7 since system restore is not working.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

System Restore won't work - YOUR SSD HAS FAILED!!!!

Windows Installation will likely flag up an error and be unable to complete the installation - YOUR SSD HAS FAILED!!!!

Focus on replacing your SSD and then Clean Install Windows 7 on the new SSD.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Tempjack_12
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks,,, Will Format & re installation will work ?

Can you please suggest me steps for SSD format & re-installation of WIndow7 since my laptop warranty has been expired.

So, want to try re-installation  before buying new SSD.

How you can understand my problem. kindly suggest us according.

Regards