Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2012 11:00

Windows 7 Build 7601 Not Genuine

I just received a new Inspiron 620 direct from Dell with WIndows 7 pre-installed. Every couple of days I see a message in the lower right hand corner of my display tha reads ".Windows 7 Build 7601 Not Genuine". If I reboot or attempt to reactivate the software, the message will disappear. However, it will reappear a day or two later. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it?

803 Posts

July 31st, 2012 11:00

Hi Jamesv09,

Welcome to the Community.

Please perform these steps to fix this issue:

1. Open a command prompt.

2. In the elevated command prompt, copy and paste the command below and press Enter. (see screenshot below step 3)

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

3. In the elevated command prompt, copy and paste the command below and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

4. Close the elevated command prompt.

5. Restart the computer to apply.

Please reply if the above given information was helpful.

13 Posts

August 1st, 2012 08:00

Thanks for the response Satya P. I succesfully completed your procedure and so far, I have not received the message. If it remains this way through Friday, I will repost and consider this issue resolved. Thanks again!

1 Message

August 2nd, 2012 12:00

Hi Satya, I have tried following your steps.

It says "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied."

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

13 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 06:00

I think I may have gotten that message the first time I tried this solution. I was able to get around that by right clicking on the command prompt option under Start-All Programs-Accessories and choosing Run as Adminstrator. I have not had any other Windows issues since I followed this procedure.

13 Posts

August 6th, 2012 06:00

Hi Satya,

It's been close to a week now and no more "Not Genuine" messages. I consider this issue resolved. Thank you!!!

13 Posts

August 6th, 2012 17:00

Hello Satya. I thought this had resolved my issue but unfortunately the "Not Genuine" message has reappeared tonight. Please help. Thanks!

4 Posts

August 10th, 2012 22:00

I did the first step (command prompt, typed the commands, got the error above as well.  I've had my DELL for several years, this just popped up.

4 Posts

August 10th, 2012 23:00

restarted, now gone (original issue)

1 Message

September 3rd, 2012 15:00

Hi

I have just tried this and it hasn't worked, have you any other ideas

Thanks Eileen

1 Message

October 4th, 2012 20:00

when i try to put this into command promp it says the bot configuration data store could not be opened. access is denied for both prompts :( i dont know what is wrong please help if possible.

1 Message

October 28th, 2012 10:00

will the pre installed programmes like Microsoft word or antivirus be deleted by this process

803 Posts

October 29th, 2012 00:00

Hi Celio123,

The above given process will not delete Microsoft Word or antivirus unless you are re-installing the operating system manually using the CD. Please back up all your data, files, music and pictures etc on a external hard drive before you re-install windows.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

1 Message

November 14th, 2012 07:00

HEY HI SATYA P I TRIED UR SUGGESTION GIVEN ABOVE, BUT IT SITLL SHOWING ME THE SAME NOT GENIUEN MESSAGE.... PLS HELP..:emotion-6:

803 Posts

November 14th, 2012 16:00

Hi radhaTC,

Try the below given steps:

• Open command prompt in elevated mode. (click Start and type CMD, right click run as administrator)

• Stop the software protection service – net stop sppsvc

• Search for tokens.dat and rename the file to tokens.old

• Start the software protection service – net start sppsvc

• Now type in slui.exe and hit enter.

Please back up all your personal data, files, music, pictures etc on a external hard drive or DVDs. We may have to re-install the operating system using the re-installation disc if the issue persists.

1 Message

November 17th, 2012 14:00

Hi guru.

Search for token.dat and rename.....

the pc came out with no match....

or if you go more easy steps.

Thank you.

mygong

No Events found!