basilistsam
1 Copper

Windows 7 Installation Drivers Load

Hello . Im trying to install Windows 7 but installation gives me a message to load drivers because it cannot find any drives. I have downloaded the intel rapid drivers. The installation says that it is compatible but it still cant find any drives...can someone help me? 

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5558

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Windows 7 Installation Drivers Load

basilistsam,

You will need to download the file and put it on a burnt cd or a usb flash drive and unzip it. You then can load the windows disk and when it calls for the driver  browse to where the intel rapid file you unzipped and click on it to install. You can also try booting into the bios and switching to ATA instead of SATA. Save the changes and then boot to the Windows disk and install Windows. Once you have Windows installed load the drivers and check the bios to put it back to SATA .

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Firstly, can you please let us know if there is RAID installed on the system.

If there is RAID installed then he will need the sata drivers to be installed before you reinstall the operating system.

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Dell-Robin D,

I see not raid on the studio 1558. He can still follow the instructions for installing the driver listed in the previous post if needed.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos