Wade-T
1 Copper

Windows 7 Upgrade

Jump to solution

Hi, i purchased a inspiron 1545 laptop from currys around about mid april.  They told me i would get a free upgrade but when i enter my service tag into the Dell win 7 upgrade site it says it is not eligable. i have checked everywhere and it is! please help i really need 2 make sure i get this upgrade

Many Thanks

Wade Tomkiss

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Davet50
6 Indium

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade

Jump to solution

You must Register your system on the Dell web site as you did not buy direct from Dell. It can then take a minimum of 3-5 business days for the system to process the registration. Untill you register which also transfers ownership it will come up as ineligable

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

Jump to solution

You must buy an eligible computers from Dell or an approved retailer on or after July 26th to get a free upgrade. You will not be eligible since you bought well before that. You will need to but the upgrade yourself.

0 Kudos
Wade-T
1 Copper

Jump to solution

oh i am so sorry. i meant about mid august. they assured me i was eligable. one again sorry. do you know what could be wrong??:emotion-6:

0 Kudos
lymanjt
1 Copper

Jump to solution

What version of Vista are you currently running?

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

Hi Wade-T, There is 2 journal HERE and HERE. In short if you bought in August from currys, then you will get the upgrade disk.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Davet50
6 Indium

Jump to solution

You must Register your system on the Dell web site as you did not buy direct from Dell. It can then take a minimum of 3-5 business days for the system to process the registration. Untill you register which also transfers ownership it will come up as ineligable

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

View solution in original post

Wade-T
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thankyou Davet50. i have now registerd the product. emoticon.Stickouttongue.title i apologise 4 my nievaty lol 

0 Kudos