Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 6th, 2016 01:00

Windows 7 clear installation on Inspiron N5110 new SSD disk.

Hi

I have Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop. I replaced old HDD with new 128GB SSD and put old disk in caddy in CDrom space. Laptop booted up, so happily I didnt demage anything.

Now I want to format HDD or at least my system and data partitions but I am open to wipe also recovery partition as I know what kind of *** it is. Dont worry about my data, I am making regular backup with NAS and DVDs.

Then I want to install fresh clean copy of Windows 7 on SSD drive but I cant.

I went to microsoft website to download windows 7 safe and clean copy so I can burn it into USB flash disk and install it on my SSD, type my serial code from my laptop bottom and use very fast and secure Inspiron laptop but I cant because of OEM licension I am sentenced to Recovery tools fagotry :(

I tried default Recovery tools from my hard disk and then tried USB flash disk made with "Dell Backup and Recovery" but non of them are tools for people aware of how computer works. There arent any alternative "super-pro" (normal) ways of work when I can manually select disk and format it, make new partitions, select where to install fresh copy like it is in Windows installer or any Linux distro glory installers. Instead of this there is only one super-fagot way of onclick-system-restore and description are such dumb I am afraid of trying to pass whole process.

Is there a rescue for me? Alternative to downloading Windows from torrent?

I just want to install fresh Windows on my new disk and do it secure and legal way.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 24th, 2016 02:00

There are ways... The easiest way is to Download a Windows 10 RS1 .iso and clean install with your Windows 7 OEM Product Key:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 

Otherwise see here to download the Windows 7 Commercial OEM .iso direct from Microsoft:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-7-sp1-iso-download/  

No Events found!