I have a Dell XPS 8500, OEM Windows 7 64-bit installed, nvidia geforce GT640.
I did a Windows update last week but i stop halfway due to thunderstorm, i did a system restore and then continue Windows update the next day.
now my PC restart automatically after a few hours, so I did another system restore but this time the system restore was not successful, and now my PC is stuck in endless restarting cycle.
Can someone assist me step by step? thank you in advance!
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly follow the steps :
Option #1: Use System Repair/Restore Options
1. Restart Computer
2. As soon as screen powers on, Press F8 continuously until you get to the “Advanced Boot Options” screen
3. Use the arrows keys to select “Repair your computer,” then press Enter.
4. A popup screen should appear. Select “Use Recovery Tools That Can Help Fix Problems Starting Windows,” then click next.( Select “Use Recovery Tools That Can Help Fix Problems Starting Windows,” then click "Next," to proceed to recovery options Microsoft )
5. A new popup screen appears. Here select “System Restore.” There you can choose from different recovery points to help return your system to normal.
6. Once your system has been recovered, you will want to go into your update files, and select all but the MS Update 3033929 so that the problem doesn’t occur again.
Social Media Support
i tried several times but my PC always shut down and makes loud noise when in the “Startup Repair" stage . pl advise.
" Is Dell diagnostics built into the laptop? Inspiron 3542 "
Yes, click on link below: