Highlighted
nyrnd
2 Iron

Re: Windows 7

I registered in July when I received my PC for the upgrade and that went fine, no issues.  I waited for the infamous email which has not yet come, so I eventually figured out I need to order the upgrade I registered for!!!!!!!!!!!  So I did that on the 22nd with very very slow site speed.  Now I have an order number and service tag on a form with no status.  I don't quite understand how Dell has had months to prepare for this and when it actually happens, it is poor communication and poor process execution.  What's going on Dell?  I bought my system in July because I was eligible for the upgrade and thought the pricing was competitive so I bought it. 

0 Kudos
Micromachine01
1 Copper

I ordered mine the night before Windows 7 was released. I got a email saying it went through and everything. I have a order number and a service tag number. For about 10 hours the status of my upgrade kit was "Processing". Now since yesterday and all of today the status has just disappeared, So it went from processing to blank. Anyone know what the problem is and when Dell will ship the upgrade kits out?

That is exactly what happened to mine. I emailed Dell to ask them about it, and got an email saying "To check the status of your order, login to your account, and click on Order Status". Wow, thanks Dell! I am glad you think I am handicapped. If the order status feature was giving me the information it is supposed to, I would not have the problem.

0 Kudos
Redrum509
1 Copper

Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one.lol.  If anyone finds out any more infor please post it in here.

0 Kudos
Danshevik
1 Nickel

Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one.lol.  If anyone finds out any more infor please post it in here.

Im upto the checkout screen now (using the link in a previous post) but (and there always is!)....you need an american express/mastercard/visa credit card...and i havent.

I paid for the computer with a debit card, so why cant i pay for this the same! Wow thats odd. I'm gunna have to use a relatives card now, am i allowed to do that on my own account?

0 Kudos
ntop99
1 Copper

l

0 Kudos
ntop99
1 Copper

0 Kudos
Danshevik
1 Nickel

I've just placed my order, however, when i click on 'complete my order', it just took me back to the cart! So i clicked on order history and there is nothing there!

0 Kudos
ntop99
1 Copper

0 Kudos
ntop99
1 Copper

?

0 Kudos
KC135R
1 Copper

I have a inspiron 1720. I see where  Dell is not supporting Win 7 with drivers for this laptop. Are there any options or do I need to get rid of this laptop and by another one?

Thanks

0 Kudos