Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

TR

August 7th, 2012 15:00

Windows 8 Touchpad Multi-Gestures On Dell Inspiron 15R

Hi Everyone

I Just Installed Windows 8 RP x64 On My Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) , Everything Work Just Fine .

Anyway Windows 8 Supposed To Have A Special Built-In Touchpad Multi-Gestures Support ( Example : Swipe From Right To Open Charms Bar , Swipe From Left For Multi-Tasking  , .... ETC )

And The Question Is How Should I Enable Those Gestures ?

I Managed To Enable The Usual Gestures Such As Two Fingers Scrolling And Pinch To Zoom By Installing  Windows 7 x64 Dell Touchpad Driver From My Laptop Drivers Page On The Site .

I Really Want To Enable Those Special Gestures As This Will Make Using Windows 8 Much Much Easier

Note : My Laptop is Equiped With Alps Touchpad That Supposed To Support Multi-Touch

Thnx In Advance :)

2 Posts

August 14th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

I have got the same Problem using XPS 17 l702x.

9 Posts

August 17th, 2012 07:00

Which video card does your 15r have?

3.1K Posts

August 17th, 2012 10:00

Hi T-r-e,

Welcome back to the community.

You have installed Windows 8 on the computer which is the latest OS to be released by Microsoft.  The reason multi-gesture feature is not working because the drivers for Windows 8 are not available. So, you will have to wait till the drivers are released for Windows 8.

Please reply with further questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Appu S

#iworkfordell

4 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 06:00

only alps touchpad users didnot get the gestures with the latest drivers...other users got them...

1 Message

November 5th, 2012 18:00

So, When will that be available?

2 Posts

November 25th, 2012 02:00

Thanks to BlueMasterFX from EightForums

http://www.eightforums.com/hardware-drivers/10569-windows-8-alps-touchpad-driver.html

Gestures are working with my DELL XT with Windows 8,driver recognised all the device options. 

Regards, IT-Solve.net

Windows 8 ALPS TouchPad Driver

I have good news for laptop users with built in ALPS Touchpads. Acer/Gateway (same company) have been generous to create a new driver for Windows 8 64-bit users.

To make sure that your ALPS Touchpad may be compatible with this new driver for Windows 8, make sure that before upgrading to Windows 8, in Windows 7 open Device Manager, check the " Mice and other pointing devices" category and your Touchpad should be listed as " ALPS Pointing-device". 

Click image for larger version

If it is, then you are a candidate to install the upgraded drivers. Click the link for a direct download from Gateway. 

New Version that works for Windows 8 64-bit is 8.100.2020.112 
(After extracting, Click on Setup icon to install.)

http://global-download.gateway.com/G...TEWAY&SC=PA_6G

This new driver adds Windows 8 gestures that are found on Microsoft Surface and other tablets for the TouchPad. There are other features but those are up to you to experiment with.

Name:  ALPS.PNG
Views: 4615
Size:  19.0 KB

1 Message

January 17th, 2013 18:00

Hey guys,

I tried a lot of things to solve this problem, I changed the drivers, I installed the Synaptics and others stuff and nothing did work , but I solved my problem alone...So, you gonna go on your HD>Drivers>Input>1JW07>Vi64, open the application called DellTouchpad and there you can configurate your Touchpad, the Multitouch and the Gestures...

If you haven't this driver, you can download on dell's web site depending of which your computer... My one came on the Dell Driver's CD so I don't know where you can download yours...

Hope I've been useful...

1 Message

July 17th, 2013 21:00

I installed windows 8 and my computer has gone back to ghosting. How do I disable the touchscreen or multi touch features to remedy this issue. I have an XPS 17

1 Message

August 26th, 2013 22:00

I was looking for something to show me how to use the gestures and found your post. If you click on the little "UP" arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, directly left of the clock, it will open a drawer with some icons in it. You'll see an icon that looks like a touchpad with the two buttons at the bottom. Right click that and then click on "Touchpad Properties". In the bottom left hand corner of the screen that comes up you'll see a tab that says "Edge Scroll & Zoom". Click that tab and there you can switch the Edge Scrolling & Zoom ON. After doing that you'll be able to use the side of your touchpad to scroll up and down websites. Although, I don't know if you knew this or not, but on a website, putting two fingertips on the touchpad and pulling down or pushing up will do the same thing.... But enabling the side scrolling like I described above gives you the result you posted about. 

No Events found!