Bruno Portela
1 Copper

Re: Windows 8 – error message, automatic restart and then it just freezes.

Jump to solution
Hi, I have an Inspiron 15z. I did not make any hardware or software changes. The error started when I closed the ultrabook and, after a short time (1 minute, maybe), raised the screen again. Then the screen was all black for a long time and I forced it to shut down, by pressing the power button. Adter that, the ultrabook goes restarting and showing a blue screen with a sad face. Also there is some error message that I cant read, cuz its too fast!
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Bruno Portela,

Please continue with

Press F2 and enter the BIOS.

Disable fast boot

Disable secure boot

Enable Legacy boot

Save and exit.

See if you can start the computer in the safe mode.

Windows 8 shutdown to bring up troubleshooting mode

or

How To Boot Into Windows 8 Safe Mode

If you get it started, try Safe mode with networking. Download Resplendence WhoCrashed and install it. Open it, click the analize button and copy and past the information back here so can tell you how to correct the problem.

Rick

Working together with to help solve the problem.

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Bruno Portela
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Did not work.

Still on the same situation =/

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Bruno Portela,

I would suggest you to run hardware diagnostics on the system for hardware functionality, by following the steps below:

• Reboot and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error

If the diagnostics passed, you may try refreshing the system. Please follow the steps below:

• Shut down the computer
  • Power On the system
  • Power Off the system at Dell Logo with “rolling dots” at the bottom of the screen
  • Repeat steps 2-3 times so that it starts automatic repair
  • Let automatic repair finish and then click ‘Troubleshoot’
  • Click ‘Refresh’ and follow the on screen instructions.

*Note: The apps that came with your PC or you installed from Windows Store will be reinstalled, but any apps you installed from other websites and DVDs will be removed. Windows puts a list of the removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos
Bruno Portela
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I GOT IT!

Went to sleep at 5am, but i did it!

I was trying to do this steps that you told me, but I couldn't complete neither the restore, refresh or reset option. I got some error message saying that my hdd was locked and I needed to unlock it.

So, here is what I did:

1) Turn on the laptop and keep pressing F2.

2) BIOS: change the SATA OPERATION from smart response technology to AHCI

Disable rapid storage Technology

Disable secure boot

3) Save and exit. The system will restart.

4) Using an usb pendrive with windows 8 in it (you can use a cd/dvd too), choose the boot option (im my case, usb).

5) Choose "restore computer".

6) go to troubleshoot, then, advanced options.

7) NOOOW i could RESTORE my laptop. It took a while and at the end it performed some uptades.

Well, I guess this is it.

Thanks everyone that helped me out here!

I hope this can help some other people.

Ah... when you finally got the laptop to work, it will show a REAL SLOW PERFORMANCE.

don't worry... just do you backups (just to be sure), restart you computer, keep pressing F2 and change the BIOS setting to default.

Save, exit, enjoy!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Bruno Portela,

I am delighted the issue has been resolved. I really appreciate your technical expertise and all the efforts you put in to resolve the issue.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you. 

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos