Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2010 18:00

Windows Installer not correctly installed. Help!!!

I've recently upgraded from a Dell Dimension 4600 to an Inspiron 580s with Windows 7.  Everything is great, all except for the fact that I keep getting this error message anytime I try to download new software.  I can't download itunes either.  Yikes!

Here's the error:  "The windows installer service could not be accessed.  This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed.  Contact your support personnel for assistance."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 26th, 2010 15:00

Read this.

Ron

1 Message

November 3rd, 2011 04:00

Hi

I read your prbblem abou Windows t Installer...and wondered if you have had any success fixing this......I have  bought a new Dell laptop and a new Printer an HP DESKJET 1050 ALL-IN-ONE J410 series....This will not Install and I keep getting the same message as you did  WINDOWS INSTALLER NOT CORRECTLY INSTALLED. I have to say that the printer installed with no problems on my other netbook which rune on Windows XP.

Any help would be welcome.

Pauline H

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 3rd, 2011 10:00

Pauline-

Next time start a new thread rather than post in one that's over  a year old. And always include the exact PC model and version of WIndows in your posts.

Do you know if that driver is compatible with whatever version of WIndows is on the laptop? Just because it installed in XP doesn't mean it'll work with Win 7. Did you look on the HP site for a driver that's compatible with your version of Windows. The disk may be outdated.

And did you read the posts by Linda Yan in the thread linked in my 7-26-10 post in this thread?

No Events found!