Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2009 21:00

Windows Live Mail New Version 14

Hello,

I had the opportunity to use the new WLM and really dislike it.  Today I noticed the Windows Live Upgrading Tool which was installed, 1/1/09.  It appears Microsoft is determined to eventually upgrade everyone to the new Window Live services.  In an effor to prevent this on my computer, I uninstalled the Upgrade Tool.  Is there anything else I can do to prevent WLM from upgrading?

Thank you,

Nissi1

3.7K Posts

January 15th, 2009 02:00

Hello,

I had the opportunity to use the new WLM and really dislike it.  Today I noticed the Windows Live Upgrading Tool which was installed, 1/1/09.  It appears Microsoft is determined to eventually upgrade everyone to the new Window Live services.  In an effor to prevent this on my computer, I uninstalled the Upgrade Tool.  Is there anything else I can do to prevent WLM from upgrading?

Thank you,

Nissi1

Hi Nissi1, What you can do is to go into Control Panel, Click Windows Update, Click Change Settings, Click on DOWNLOAD UPDATES, BUT LET ME CHOOSE WHETHER TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THEM.

or you can

Click CHECK FOR UPDATES BUT LET ME CHOOSE WHETHER TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THEM. Hope this helps.

322 Posts

January 16th, 2009 08:00

Hello RobinBredin,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I did change the Update preference to Check for Updates....  However, I use Microsoft's OneCare security software and whenever a setting of this type is changed from the default setting, OneCare's icon turns red indicating a "at risk" status, which is what I am dealing with at the present.  I was hoping there was another way of preventing the automatic upgrade to the new WLM.

I may be wrong, but it is unusual for Microsoft to force an upgrade of this type on those of us who uses their software.

Nissi1

No Events found!