Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2012 22:00

Windows - No disc

Does anyone know what this message means:

Windows - No disc

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b4bf7c 4 75b4bf7c 75b4bf7c

I get this message trying to install Samsung's software Kies to be used in a PC in connection with a Samsung smartphone.

I have had Kies installed to my PC and also up and running. But then Kies suggested I should update the programme. When I accepted to do so it started to download files, counting percents. At 99 % it stopped counting and went idle. After waiting for quite some extended time I shut it down and then started the programme again, this time cancelling the update. When the programme was up running I asked for update through the help menu but got the answer the last version of it already was installed. Next time I tried to start the programme  i got a sign saying: "Fatal error. The object reference has not been given to an instance of an object." My translation from my own language, might not be correct in detail. :-)

Next thing I uninstalled Kies and then tried to install it again. This time I got the message " Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b4bf7c 4 75b4bf7c 75b4bf7c ". And I am not sure weather the programme was fully installed.

I am running Windows XP home edition SP3 on a Dell Dimension 8400, nearly seven years of age. I reset the OS during spring this year. I have Windows update activated and download and install almost every update (except e.g. Outlook junk mail filter).

I have posted this question also on icrosoft support community but so far not received an answer.

Can anybody please suggest a solution?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 10th, 2012 01:00

bertinge,

Try running the full diganostics and report back any error messages. How to Run the Dell™ Diagnostics Utility

Rick

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 10th, 2012 08:00

Intel Application Accelerator RAID Edition

Intel Application Accelerator RAID

Intel Application Accelerator RAID Edition (Driver)

c0000013 means your CDRW Copy of windows has Read errors.

OR

"The answer lies in the words "Windows: No Disk", your PC is looking for a USB booted install media. But does not natively support the Chipset."

You must install F6 drivers for the 8400

Intel Application Accelerator RAID
4.5.0.6515, A08

• Vendor Version : 4.5.0.6515
  • Dell Version : A08

This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to create a set of floppy diskettes, and then use the diskettes to complete the installation.

Systems

Dimension Desktop 8400
Dimension Desktop XPS Gen 3
Precision 370

Operating Systems

Microsoft Windows XP

When you are installing Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 on a new computer or on a computer that has the latest SCSI or IDE controller technology, you may have to use an OEM device driver to support, for example, a new mass storage controller, to continue with the installation. The symptoms that you have to install an OEM device driver include the following:

• The computer may keep restarting and never start the GUI installation after the text mode Setup is finished.
  • The Setup program may stop, and you may receive an error message if the Setup program does not correctly detect the controller.
  • If you are booting from the installation floppy disks or CD-ROM disc, you receive the following error message:
    Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system
    If you are upgrading by using the Winnt32.exe file, or if you are performing a new installation by using the Winnt.exe file, you receive the following Stop error: Stop 0x0000007B Inaccessible_boot_device

During the text-mode phase of the setup process, Windows pauses briefly and prompts you to press F6. This option is displayed in the status line and lets you use an OEM mass storage controller driver. The F6 option is provided strictly as a means to install OEM drivers for mass storage controllers only. This is required to let the installation of the operating system continue. Microsoft does not support using F6 to install any device driver other than mass storage controller drivers.

5 Posts

November 11th, 2012 07:00

Rick,

Thanks for the welcoming.

I started running the express test and got fails on IDE device, giving the following error codes: 0F00:053B and 0F00:133B, both also stating "No audio output". I had put an audio CD in the player and heard nothing.

Can this be causing my installation problems? I don't have a CD or so, but have downloaded the installation file from Samsung using the internet and saved it to my PC.

bertinge

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 11th, 2012 10:00

bertinge,

The error messages come back to audio drivers. Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. Under audio, you'll find the drivers.

If you recently installed/reinstalled the opertaing system, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

5 Posts

November 11th, 2012 12:00

Rick,

I did restore Windows last spring using Dell PC Restore. But I haven't installed/reinstalled it. Could restoring have the same effect, so that drivers need to be installed after a restore? I did not install any drivers after having restored. I thought they were in the restoring feature.

bertinge

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 11th, 2012 15:00

bertonge,

If you used the factory image or Restoring Your Dell Computer to Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 no drivers are needed.

If you How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer then the drivers need to be installed in the correct order. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

5 Posts

November 11th, 2012 20:00

Rick,

I used a function which in the Owner's Manual is called Dell PC Restore by Symantec. I think it is a hidden partition on the HDD containing what is needed to go back to the PC:s status when it was once deliviered. That's why I thought no drivers would be needed.

Since my last message I am performing en extended test on the computer to see if anything else is wrong. This seems to take some time. If there are other faults discovered, I will be coming back, but it may take a while.

bertinge

5 Posts

November 12th, 2012 21:00

Rick,

I have now completed the extended test (which btw lasted more than 24 hours and left residues on the computer's screen) and got these error codes:

0F00:136C

0F00:053B

0F00:133B

1100:0321

1100:0421

0F00:0244 MSG: block 183976007

0F00:1A44 MSG: block 183976007

1B22:061B

1B22:0F1B

1B22:101B

1B22:071B

A couple of them can be recognized from the express test I made before.

What can be made out of these codes, do you know? And would you also be able to tell what is the connection between these errors and me being unable to install the Samsung programme Kies? Althemore since I once had the programme installed but had to uninstall it?

Much obliged for answers to this.

bertinge

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 14th, 2012 02:00

bertinge,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

When you ran the diagnostics, pressing F12 at startup, I was expecting an error code, like 2000-0146 or similar.

I suspect it may be possible your hard drive is failing.

Rick

No Events found!