8 Krypton

Re: Windows Vista Recovery without CD

Hi, ive have also been a dell VAR (value added reseller) for a few years now, I know that every computer i have ever sold came with the OS Disc. If best buy or these companies dont include the OS cd then they are thieves. That means they take your property out of the box and then sell it to you. How dispicable.

Thanks for the reply...I was just going by the sales agent's reply to my question, is the OS CD in the box? He said no... I guess I could buy it & open the box before leaving the store?

Thanks again, Linda

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jhooka
1 Copper

Im not sure because I havent bought Dell from Best Buy, I do know that it is in Best Buy's Interest to sell you a windows vista recovery disk, so I wouldnt be surprised if they remove it. But im not sure. So if you buy from them, check the box first to see if the OS disk is in there. And could you let me know what you find out? Thank you, Anthony

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Today we bought the Dell Studio 17 at Best Buy...I even had them call me from online shopping site & they confirmed no OS CD...but guess what! You guys are exactly right, the CD is in the box. It is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP1...that sounds right to me.

Here goes...Vista, OS of my dreams, right?

Thanks for your replies....Linda

0 Kudos
Ethiridos
1 Copper

Did anyone figure out the F8 menu? I tried doing the resintall this way but when I select "Repair My Computer" nothing happens and the computer just starts up normally and goes to the desktop. I don't know what to do anymore. 😞

0 Kudos
Terry Harper
1 Copper

Steine,

The image reinstallation uses the information in the Restore D drive.  It's odd that you have a Restore Z drive, unless it is on a disk.  Also even stranger  that you do not get an image reintallation screen. 

Yours,

Terry

0 Kudos