Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2008 19:00

Windows XP SP-3 and Dell Media Experience

Since upgrading to XP SP-3, whenever I insert a dvd and Dell Media Experience runs, the latter crashes (in the case of a regular movie dvd) or freezes (in the case of a disk with *.avi or *.mpeg files). 0xc0000135 is the error code.

My machine is an Inspiron 630m running Win XP Home.

Can someone help?

1 Message

July 21st, 2009 14:00

I had the same problem, though without the error code.

I thought I'd update Dell Media Experience (version 2.1.1611) as I hadn't done so since I bought my Dimension 4700 (Win XP) several years ago. Dell online support directed me to Cyberlink (http://docs.cyberlink.com/english/Extras/updates_index.jsp) and I downloaded these updates. I couldn't install the PowerDVD update as when I tried I got a message saying I didn't have it on my computer. I went ahead and installed the Dell Media Experience 2.2 upgrade, which worked.

However, I now can't play DVDs at all. The Dell support link from the above url is broken.

I fished out the installation CD for Cyberlink PowerDVD 5.3 and tried to reinstall it but I get a message that it's already installed.

I got into this mess by following Dell's instructions but now that my waranty is long expired they won't help. 

Any ideas gratefuly received. Please?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 21st, 2009 16:00

Did you uninstall the existing copy of PowerDVD using the Add/Remove Programs control panel before trying to reinstall it..?

Ron

No Events found!