Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2009 22:00

Windows XP cannot install in Studio 1537 .

Hello Guys.

I am new in this forum. well I buy a laptop from dell Studio 1537. intel 2.26 ghz and 3 gb ram . and 320 gb sata hard drive. well problem is that when i am trying to install windows xp in this system the death blue screen comes every time the error message is 0x0000007b. its only installing windows vista so can any budy guide me how can I solve this problem I have tried many times to install xp. using third party software as well.when i talked to dell technicall support center they said this system is not supported to windows xp . and my mostly software works on xp so please i need help regarding this problem I shall be very thankfull to you for this kindness.

kind regards

fasi

3.7K Posts

March 23rd, 2009 04:00

Hi fasi, Your software manual HERE does say that dell does not support XP on the 1537, so any drivers needed will have to be 3rd party. If your hard drives are SATA, then XP will need this driver HERE load it at the F6 prompt, and you will have to go into your BIOS to change to your hard drive from ACHI to ATA. HERE is an journal on how to install XP, and HERE is an journal on how to install your drivers and in what order.

If this answers your question, could you please mark the verify answer(s) to help other users out.:emotion-21:

2 Posts

March 24th, 2009 17:00

Hi thnax for reply.

I got a Studio 1537 laptop and you send me the driver for desktop system so is that ok this software for usefull for laptop aswell.

and also send me the drivers for this xp support.

waiting your reply

kinf regards

M. Faisal

3.7K Posts

March 25th, 2009 08:00

Hi fasi, All drivers can be used in both laptop and desktop. Those drivers I sent you, are ok for your laptop.

If this answers your question, could you please mark the verify answer(s) to help other users out.:emotion-21:

3 Posts

April 1st, 2009 09:00

To solve the blue screen of death durring XP installation, either switch the SATA option from AHCPI to IDE by entering Bios at start up (F2), or slipstream Service Pack 3 and the correct SATA drivers into your installation disc using nLite.

All of the drivers needed to install windows XP 32bit or 64bit  on a Dell Studio 1537 can be found on:

SamsWare.com

The site includes detailed step by step instructions in addition to full driver packages.

There's also information on Windows 7.

15 Posts

April 11th, 2009 03:00

To solve the blue screen of death durring XP installation, either switch the SATA option from AHCPI to IDE by entering Bios at start up (F2), or slipstream Service Pack 3 and the correct SATA drivers into your installation disc using nLite.

All of the drivers needed to install windows XP 32bit or 64bit  on a Dell Studio 1537 can be found on:

SamsWare.com

The site includes detailed step by step instructions in addition to full driver packages.

There's also information on Windows 7.

Why the driver rar file download from the SamsWare.com with a size of 440MB, but only a text file in it?

After double check in different pc, it's my bad to shoot out the question without triple check it.

It turns out, the rar file can be opened normally under my XP environment, but same application render some weird result under Vista...???  anyway, uninstall the s/w trash it.

4 Posts

February 24th, 2011 10:00

Here is all the drivers you need for Windows XP downgrade. Also has the driver for the SATA , so you can slipstream the driver and not lose performance.

http://angrytechblog.com/2011/01/dell-studio-1537-windows-xp-downgradedrivers/

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 24th, 2011 17:00

Idbud,

Why are you responding to a threat that's TWO years old??

Ron

3 Posts

January 7th, 2012 12:00

Because Windows Vista sucks and these Dell Studio 1537's are all out of warranty and Dell should support the hardware they sell and not force users to use an inferior OS.

THANK YOU TO IDBUD!!!

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

All you have to do is create a new thread stating that you want help installing XP.  We can easily help with that.  It's not like this thread/link is your only lifeline to a solution.  We can help you understand exactly what the problem is, why the problem exists, how to fix it, and/or work around it.

3 Posts

Also, the samsware site is no longer active, so Idbud has provided this lifeline to Dell's customers. Thanks again.

4 Posts

April 7th, 2017 03:00

Here get the setup of Windows XP and try again. [Admin note, link removed per TOU policy] TD   i think your setup is corrupt.

2.3K Posts

April 7th, 2017 12:00

Thread locked due to age. If you have a similar problem or question, please make a new post.

No Events found!