Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2012 06:00

Windows XP installation CD

I have a desktop PC (Dimension 2400) which I purchased new and the Windows XP was pre-installed on it. How can I get a copy of Windows XP installation CD from Dell for this computer? I want to change the motherboard (presently it has a Celeron processor) and I would need the installation CD.

Thank you

December 13th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide me with the system Service Tag and the name under which the system is registered, in a private message, so that I can check the system details.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply to my private message.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 13th, 2012 16:00

Note if you change the motherboard to a non-Dell one you have pretty much changed the computer.

A Dell Reinstallation CD won't work on a motherboard without a Dell BIOS.

No Events found!